• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Media Trustworthiness in 2022 According to Democrats, Republicans, and U.S Adults.

Here is the current front page on NPR.com, what stories are they missing? If they are slanting the news, what else should be on their front page?

https://www.npr.org

I literally just did this exact thing like two posts back. I'm not doing it again. Just go refer to that post.

Let me answer this question you posed first thing:

No, I don’t think that’s necessarily true at all. Which “corporations”, what did they do, what is their methodology, has it been reviewed (if so, by whom), who funds it, etc.? All of those details matter.

This is the con that’s been run on the right wing by these trash right-biased outlets.
-If a rightie posted some opinion and I countered it with a source, they’d just say my source is propaganda.
-If I posted a fact check proving it was legit, then they’d call the fact check propaganda.
-If I posted the actual data the fact check was based on, they’d say the outlet it came from was propaganda, or that the study was done by a “liberal” university and is therefore propaganda, and around and around in circles we’d go.
Meanwhile, those same people would be posting Dinesh D’Souza tweets like they’re Gospel.

Right wing media culture is such that they’ve trained you guys to not only swallow their bs, but actively reject any opposing viewpoint without hardly the slightest bit of research. It’s kind of remarkable actually. This is why you guys get suckered into every conspiracy theory under the Sun.

What I posted were hardly “random websites”—both Media Bias Fact Check and All Sidea are well known and generally well-respected when it comes to rating bias and factual accuracy.
What you called “needing some random website or corporation to spell things out” is actually a thing we all used to do in the old days called citing a source; it’s this wildly radical idea that one should have reasons, data, and supporting evidence for one’s viewpoints.

Yes and citing say CNN for a source would have been a respected source 20 years ago but we've found out that it's not the case anymore. How many studies wind up being complete BS? You think that these "scientific studies" are just ran by people who are looking to find out the truth about the world? They're funded by billionaires and corporations who have a specific reason for running the study and they want that study to prove or disprove the idea they already have in their head. Usually that idea involves them making money in some manner. They aren't just funding these studies out of the goodness of their hearts.

We've already proven that many of these fact checking companies are left wing propaganda. Why would you think that merely calling yourself a fact checker, all the sudden makes these people trustworthy? It's like Brain Stelter's show on CNN called "Reliable Sources". Sorry, you're not fooling anyone with that.

FOX is just as much trash as the rest of them. The only good thing about FOX is you at least get some sort of balance against the heavy weight of left wing media. Not trusting any of these corporations is a much smarter move than putting your trust in them. They are here to make money, not provide you with a trustworthy service to inform you of what is really going on with the world.

Problem is these days that no one can trust their own eyes. I just posted a handful of articles that showed NPR's blatant left wing bias and everyone just breezed right over it. The media threw an absolute shit fit for 4 years while Trump was in office and we're in the middle of a massive downturn in our economy with record inflation and the media is just breezing right over it.....and you want me to trust what they say because some random website says I should?

The latest poll by The Economist/YouGov:

lb0ljf2zn3s81.jpg

• Democrats trusts PBS and CNN the most, Breibart and Newsmax the least.
  • Republicans trusts Fox News and the Weather Channel the most, MSNBC and CNN the least.
  • U.S Adults trusts the Weather Channel and PBS the most, Breibart and OAN the least.
Most are not surprising, except for the fact that twice as many Dems reads the Wall Street Journal as Republicans, thought that's kinda weird.

Very disappointed that the well-respected Associated Press and Reuters are considered by Americans to be in the same realm as tabloid-tier Time Magazine. If you are looking for actual International News, nobody are as impartial and thorough as AP and Reuters, and they definitely do not cater to any American political parties.

Overall though, no media outlet gets any higher than a D+/C- to any demographics, which speaks volumes about how Americans look at the press these days.
I don’t trust any of them lol

I'm not sure I trust this poll and I definitely don't blindly trust any information source. As for the part about Republicans not trusting the WSJ I think that's a big trend because more and more they are siding with the deep state and it's corporate interests against policy that is good for regular people.

Back