• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Media Trustworthiness in 2022 According to Democrats, Republicans, and U.S Adults.

Arkain2K

Si vis pacem, para bellum
@Steel
Reaction score
If you want to join in this discussion solely to criticize a certain media outlet that you do not trust, make sure you also name the ones that you believe to be more trustworthy.

The latest poll by The Economist/YouGov:

lb0ljf2zn3s81.jpg

• Democrats trusts PBS and CNN the most, Breibart and Newsmax the least.
  • Republicans trusts Fox News and the Weather Channel the most, MSNBC and CNN the least.
  • U.S Adults trusts the Weather Channel and PBS the most, Breibart and OAN the least.
Most are not surprising, except for the fact that twice as many Dems reads the Wall Street Journal as Republicans, thought that's kinda weird.

Very disappointed that the well-respected Associated Press and Reuters are considered by Americans to be in the same realm as tabloid-tier Time Magazine. If you are looking for actual International News, nobody are as impartial and thorough as AP and Reuters, and they definitely do not cater to any American political parties.

Overall though, no media outlet gets any higher than a D+/C- to any demographics, which speaks volumes about how Americans look at the press these days.

Last edited:
30% of Republicans think OAN is trustworthy?

Newsmax at 40%+?

Terrifying.

Those are objectively CT factories...surprised Breibart is less trusted than both of them...

Putting The Weather Channel in there seems super weird.

I get the aversion to CNN...but what's with Republican distrust of PBS?

Finally, the Republican aversion to trusting the news media is the result, in large part, of Trump...ironically a sociopathic liar himself who Republicans oddly tend to believe.

Last edited:
Dems really trust MSNBC? You guys have to wake up. Same goes for republicans who trust Fox News.

Last five years or more have shook right-wingers, awakened them to what people on the left have been saying for years — the media is skewed, beholden to corporate/political gains. Like usual, Republicans have gone too far, believing everything is a lie or conspiracy, unable to truly grasp just how shit-tier Trump was and the fact that he lost the election.

Last edited:

Newsmax at 40%+?

Terrifying.

Those are objectively CT factories...surprised Breibart is less trusted than both of them...

Finally, the Republican aversion to trusting the news media is the result, in large part, of Trump...ironically a sociopathic liar himself who Republicans oddly tend to believe.

Prob because PBS supports the ARTS and they hate the arts.

Newsmax at 40%+?

Terrifying.

Its only %35ish more republicans of who trust OAN than democrats, you should be more shocked about that. The trust gap is the smallest between breitbart, OAN, Nad Newsmax. That should be what concerns your ilk

Newsmax at 40%+?

Terrifying.

Meanwhile, 70% of Dems trusts CNN. And CNN might actually have a worse track record than Newsmax

Its only %35ish more republicans of who trust OAN than democrats, you should be more shocked about that.

I'd say that that brings the validity of the study/poll into question, more than anything. I can't imagine any Democrat saying that they trust OAN at all, if they know what OAN even is.

Where do these outliers even come from? How was this study even conducted? They're telling us that 18% of Democrats trust "Newsmax"? Yeah, okay...

Weather channel is a bunch of propaganda. Telling us it’s going to “snow” next week so we go buy a bunch of salt. Barely get any snow, but guess who owns the weather channel? The salt companies.

Their audience are a bunch of mindless sheep. Tell me to wear a jacket when it’s sub zero or it’s a risk to my health? Fuck off, show me one study that shows jackets can help warm people. Just look at Chicago, everybody wears a jacket in Chicago, yet they are still cold. Meanwhile the jacket companies are making millions off these peoples stupidity.

Last edited:
Dems really trust MSNBC? You guys have to wake up. Same goes for republicans who trust Fox News.

Last five years or more have shook right-wingers, awakened them to what people on the left have been saying for years — the media is skewed, beholden to corporate/political gains. Like usual, Republicans have gone too far, believing everything is a lie or conspiracy, unable to truly grasp just how shit-tier Trump was and the fact that he lost the election.
Fox news just hired Bruce Jenner. Poll was probably done before they added this mental illness.

Tucker has a great show though

Fox news just hired Bruce Jenner. Poll was probably done before they added this mental illness.

Tucker has a great show though

i doubt Jenner will last long on Fox. Unsure how they’ll use them without alienating a chunk of their audience, and they aren’t particularly good on mic.

Back