Media; the new faces of death?

ikareteru

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I remember when I was young. Some classmates had downloaded something called faces of death.

It was a collection of a Mig airplane shot, an execution in Vietnam. Stuff like that. I was kind of disgusted by people's fascination of that sort.

But whenever I open the news now, it's like those faces of death videos.

Pictures of russian ambassador shot to death, kids lying dead drowned on the beach.

Why is no one talking about how uninhibited news has become? Do people realize the repulsiveness the media brings to peoples minds? Do they realize how perverse it is?

The news should be uncensored, let people know how ugly the world can be, a death toll is just a number easily forgotten, you see a kids head crushed by a truck at a Christmas village it tends to stick with you.

The news is NOTHING like those 'Faces of Death' videos!
The news is heavily censored.
You'll get a warning of 'some viewers may find this distressing' even if all it shows is a kid crying.

You need to go onto LiveLeak if you want to see the reality of bad shit that happens.
You're being mollycoddled if you're just watching standard TV news.

The majority of stuff in Faces Of Death was fake.

Stop watching TV, TS. You're too sensitive. Go back to your bubble so you don't have to deal with reality.

They don't show nothing on TV. You wanna see some real fucked up shit, you go to gore websites on the internet. I watched a couple videos and I couldn't take it anymore, shit fucks you up.

Obviously there's a difference between censored news and having a fetish for genuine gore. You're not a psychopath, are you TS?

There is tons of violence everywhere, everyday. It's part of the human condition to shy away from things that make you feel uncomfortable.

They don't show nothing on TV. You wanna see some real fucked up shit, you go to gore websites on the internet. I watched a couple videos and I couldn't take it anymore, shit fucks you up.

Some dude in highschool showed me a video of a chainsaw beheading, you can't unsee that shit.

Until the news shows a dude parachuting into an alligator farm, they're still playing catch-up.

Some dude in highschool showed me a video of a chainsaw beheading, you can't unsee that shit.
I once clicked on a video labeled something like "boy with lower jaw blown off"

It was of a boy (Middle Eastern), bloodied and missing his lower jaw, sitting waiting for someone. Seeing that I was like "wow, that's definitely a kid without a jaw"

After the initial shock of seeing real life gore, I wasn't affected much. Reminded me of when I first saw Saw IV, the autopsy scene and later finding out that that scene was a very accurate portrayal of a real autopsy.

This is partly why I look at TV violence/gore like in The Walking Dead and roll my eyes while everyone is recoiling in shock.

Obviously there's a difference between censored news and having a fetish for genuine gore. You're not a psychopath, are you TS?

There is tons of violence everywhere, everyday. It's part of the human condition to shy away from things that make you feel uncomfortable.

Lol what?

You can see plenty of dead bodies in newspapers. I've limited my exposure to news to a great extent because of this. Does that make me a psychopath?

That person you see on the news is someones son, daughter, mother, father, uncle or aunt.

And many newspapers don'tcensor. And don't have a warning.

I remember when I was young. Some classmates had downloaded something called faces of death.

It was a collection of a Mig airplane shot, an execution in Vietnam. Stuff like that. I was kind of disgusted by people's fascination of that sort.

Pictures of russian ambassador shot to death, kids lying dead drowned on the beach.

Why is no one talking about how uninhibited news has become? Do people realize the repulsiveness the media brings to peoples minds? Do they realize how perverse it is?

Consider yourself fortunate you live in a part of the world where you can hide yourself from these things. A significant number of people don't have that luxury.

Lol what?

You can see plenty of dead bodies in newspapers. I've limited my exposure to news to a great extent because of this. Does that make me a psychopath?

That person you see on the news is someones son, daughter, mother, father, uncle or aunt.

And many newspapers don'tcensor. And don't have a warning.
American mainstream news most definitely censors. They aren't showing the video of this most recent murder of the Russian ambassador. They aren't showing the videos of the bombings in Turkey. There may be a body in a background but the act is usually not covered. You shying away from this is precisely what I'm talking about.

One of the worst things I saw was on LiveLeak and was a train crash in India.
If you'd have seen the aftermath in a movie you'd laugh at it thinking it looked fake.

And there was the video of the girl in a car crash, pretty much had no face left but was still alive pawing at what was left of her face. Wish I could unsee that.

But oddly enough, the videos that make me feel most sick and disgusted are videos of someone getting badly beaten up in a streetfight or something.

As someone who visits liveleak from time to time i assure you the real uncensored shit is nothing like the news.

As someone who visits liveleak from time to time i assure you the real uncensored shit is nothing like the news.

They're quick with it too.
The shooting of the Russian politician yesterday was up very quickly.
Quite amazing how it looked like something from a movie tho...

15585238_1787931861458362_1824311873108885837_o.jpg

So should we be sheltered from how the world really is? I think it is important to see what is really going on in the world rather than pretend everything is roses and popsicles.

The media is PG-13 at best. If you want faces of death, there are places to see much worse.

I used to check out consumption junction back in the day.

Wonder if it's even still around.

The mainstream U.S. media is definitely heavily censored, not to mention they only like to cover what they want to cover . Faces of Death is at an entire different level.

I give props to war photojournalist. Guys like James Nachtwey for example. Safety and chance of death/major injury aside I would love the opportunity to document the war and the true nitty gritty depths of this world. In reality though I stick to street photography and my everyday life.

Back