Media; the new faces of death?

They don't show nothing on TV. You wanna see some real fucked up shit, you go to gore websites on the internet. I watched a couple videos and I couldn't take it anymore, shit fucks you up.
Maybe that's why it's not as prevalent on regular TV!

TS just wants to be left alone with his Ipad, toaster, and celeb news.

One of the worst things I saw was on LiveLeak and was a train crash in India.
If you'd have seen the aftermath in a movie you'd laugh at it thinking it looked fake.

And there was the video of the girl in a car crash, pretty much had no face left but was still alive pawing at what was left of her face. Wish I could unsee that.

But oddly enough, the videos that make me feel most sick and disgusted are videos of someone getting badly beaten up in a streetfight or something.
I can handle random accidents. Murders, rapes, snuff films and the like get to me. Seriously pisses me off that people can be that foul.

I can handle random accidents. Murders, rapes, snuff films and the like get to me. Seriously pisses me off that people can be that foul.

You'd be very hard pushed to view an actual rape or an actual snuff film anywhere.
Fantasy rape of course, but real rape or snuff you'd have to be balls deep in the Dark Web.

It's next to impossible to 'stumble across' something terrible online now.

You'd be very hard pushed to view an actual rape or an actual snuff film anywhere.
Fantasy rape of course, but real rape or snuff you'd have to be balls deep in the Dark Web.

It's next to impossible to 'stumble across' something terrible online now.

Depends what people regard as snuff. Are cartel killings snuff films ? Because they sure seem close to it.

I 2ont be going to any of those sitests, not interested, not curious. The human psyche isn't meant to see certain things.

Depends what people regard as snuff. Are cartel killings snuff films ? Because they sure seem close to it.

I would take a snuff film as being a murder being committed simply for enjoyment.
I don't think you can classify something like a robbery shooting where someone dies or a cartel killing as snuff because they are both related to crime.
Although technically I think the basic definition is just any footage that shows a murder or suicide.

I remember when people were being gassed in Syria just a few years ago, CNN was showing footage of people lying on the ground choking to death and shit. Bodies everywhere.

Another time, (I'm not making this up), they had a segment on women undergoing mastectomy to get rid of cancerous breast tissue. They legit showed a side by side "Before and After" shot of a woman's unclothed chest. On the left side of the screen, a photo of a woman's naked torso, breasts, nipples and all. On the right side, a woman's chest post-mastectomy. I did a double take when I saw that, couldn't believe CNN would show a topless woman on television.

They're quick with it too.
The shooting of the Russian politician yesterday was up very quickly.
Quite amazing how it looked like something from a movie tho...

15585238_1787931861458362_1824311873108885837_o.jpg

Fake and gay.

One of the worst things I saw was on LiveLeak and was a train crash in India.
If you'd have seen the aftermath in a movie you'd laugh at it thinking it looked fake.

And there was the video of the girl in a car crash, pretty much had no face left but was still alive pawing at what was left of her face. Wish I could unsee that.

But oddly enough, the videos that make me feel most sick and disgusted are videos of someone getting badly beaten up in a streetfight or something.

I saw that in real life just after it happened. She was clearly dead but it was still awful. That shit stays with you. It's been 17 years, I think, and I still carry that around.

Once I was a drunk ambulance driver, some shit you don't forget.

cage-tired.gif

I'm divided on this. When I was in my early teens there was a book at Tower Records called "The Homicide Detective's Handbook" and I admit curiosity got the best of me. All sorts of fucked up stuff was in that book - stuff I didn't need to see. I am and was at the time aware of death, but seeing a dude after he took a shotgun shell to the face or dead babies wasn't really something that was NECESSARY to see. And there are people out there who actively seek this stuff out on the internet. Once I was looking up something about the popularity of gore sites and came across a site where people rate dead bodies and talk about how they'd have sex with them and stuff. There's "ok, this is death" and then there's "ok, you're a little fucked up and need some help".

Media are definitely getting to the level of the FOD videos but still censored. The internet has made such content much more easily accessible and I think it can be desensitizing to people. And I don't give a fuck about the internet hard-asses who say "Uh dude this is life". Yeah, and it's traumatic for people who have to experience and witness it, so going out of your way online to look for it is flat-out fucking retarded. It doesn't give you any better of an understanding of death.

Social media doesn't help, either. My coworker's 12 year old son saw some shit like this on Facebook. I mean kids are seeing this stuff. I don't think they should be. Then again, a 12 year old shouldn't be on Facebook in the first place.

They don't show nothing on TV. You wanna see some real fucked up shit, you go to gore websites on the internet. I watched a couple videos and I couldn't take it anymore, shit fucks you up.

I'm with ya, I was legit traumatized a few years ago when my retarded ass started looking up gore videos out of curiosity. There were a couple that stuck with me for a long time and still to this day make me feel messed up when I think on it too much.

Back