Meanwhile, in China

True story, I swear to God.

I had an eighth grade teacher named Dick Ball.

A rumour in the school was that he was very sensitive about his name and told a class "I don't want to hear jokes about my name. Nobody rubs Dick Ball the wrong way."

Guy was pretty funny so it might've been true

lol

I mean... why would anyone think that's a good idea?

Nowhere along the way did the thought occur that it might be disastrous?

It sounds like the principal read some internet article about American moms and middle age women taking pole dancing classes at the gym (remember when that was a thing a few years ago) and thought this must be the cool new thing in western culture so we'll try to be hip and do it here.... She probably didn't know that pole dancing is still associated more with hand jobs and cocaine much more than it is with bored housewives.

Nice I am in shanghai too.
The weather has been pretty good but crazy rainy and muggy it’s all good though I am not looking forward to the winter.

Also maybe I misread this story but I thought the principal was a woman who practiced pole dancing as an exercise and she thought it would. A good international experience for the children. She also pole danced along with the pros on the stage.also another poor choice for th eproncipal was they were pole dancing on a flag pole so that also may not go over well...
Humidity sucks but winter is awful, where about sun Shanghai are you? I’m in Changning district

giphy.gif

Humidity sucks but winter is awful, where about sun Shanghai are you? I’m in Changning district
I am in pudong near line 6. I don’t mind the humidity so much in the summer but in the winter it can be brutal..

I am in pudong near line 6. I don’t mind the humidity so much in the summer but in the winter it can be brutal..
Ah must be a nightmare if u go clubbing and need to get a taxi late at night

Ah must be a nightmare if u go clubbing and need to get a taxi late at night
Not really I live close to the tunnel that crosses the huangpu. But recently after I got a promotion I now have a driver if I want to do up the city, unfortunately my infant son put a stop to that.

I fucking hate shanghai. One of the last places I’d live in China. If I was moving back to China, it would be chongqing all the way....or qingdao.
Shanghai is awesome but there are lots of fantastic places to live I do get my buttons pushed a little by guys who have only lived in shanghai or Beijing and look down on the rest of the country.
If moving is in my future I would probably look at Southwest China or Xiamen.

True story, I swear to God.

I had an eighth grade teacher named Dick Ball.

A rumour in the school was that he was very sensitive about his name and told a class "I don't want to hear jokes about my name. Nobody rubs Dick Ball the wrong way."

Guy was pretty funny so it might've been true
I had a lecturer in university called Dick Feast.
It's real you can look him up.

Back