McGregor vs. Diaz III

Blackjack

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I think the way Diaz performed in their first fight considering he had 11 days notice (so no training camp) and the way Mcregor performed (full training camp although for a different fighter) is an excellent example of something I've been saying for years: MMA fighters are overtrained.

I'm not saying 11 days notice is ideal, but suppose Diaz has a training camp for 4 weeks only. I think that would be a good happy medium between the full camp and only 11 days notice. There are plenty of other examples of fighters taking a fight on very short notice and not getting a raining camp, or at most getting a shortened trading camp. These fighters who fight on short notice have been successful often enough that a real look needs to be taken into overtraining, especially at elite MMA levels.

MMA lacks qualified S&C coaches, just look at AKA ... the best in the game right now is Joel Jamieson( Mighty Mouse's coach)

I think it depends. Some fighters can thrive fighting on short notice and some dont respond well to that situation. It also depends on how in shape some guys stay. Bisping stays in fighting shape all year round.

My issue with overtraining is guys getting hurt a week before the fight. You get to a point where a few days more won't make a difference, so take it easy!

I think the way Diaz performed in their first fight considering he had 11 days notice (so no training camp) and the way Mcregor performed (full training camp although for a different fighter) is an excellent example of something I've been saying for years: MMA fighters are overtrained.

I'm not saying 11 days notice is ideal, but suppose Diaz has a training camp for 4 weeks only. I think that would be a good happy medium between the full camp and only 11 days notice. There are plenty of other examples of fighters taking a fight on very short notice and not getting a raining camp, or at most getting a shortened trading camp. These fighters who fight on short notice have been successful often enough that a real look needs to be taken into overtraining, especially at elite MMA levels.

Bisping won the MW title and looked better than ever with about the same notice, experienced fighters dont need and shouldn't be putting their bodies through 3 month training camps

Bro you should be a scienist.

Broscience...

Diaz ain't beating McGregor again. I wish he would though. Also, that is not the fight to make at all.

It all depends on what kinda shape you stay in outwith fight camps, a guy like Bisping or Nate who are known for great cardio can step up on 1-2 weeks notice and not have many problems until the latter rounds cardio wise.

I think Conor would finish Nate at 155...

so you are saying they should go the PrideFC route and just announce the opponent the day of, or a few days before?

I hope the final part of this will involve both fighters having great training camps and zero injuries.

I want to see them both at full power, and we have yet to see them clash like that.

I hope the final part of this will involve both fighters having great training camps and zero injuries.

I want to see them both at full power, and we have yet to see them clash like that.

That didn't happen for the second fight?

Trilogy isn't happening because Nate isn't the brightest candle in the sconce, and his decisions are fast making him irrelevant. If he wants the third fight and the third massive payday, he has to stay relevant in the division, not sit on the couch waiting for the call.

That didn't happen for the second fight?

Nah, apparently not.

I heard that Nate was injured early on in camp and was just coasting in training in order to make it to the fight in one piece. He looked a little rough too. Definitely not 100%

Conor was on antibiotics for his camp in the first clash too, after dealing with staph.

I'm not saying that the win/loss should be discarded or devalued. All is fair on the battlefield, naturally. I just, personally, would like to see the 3rd fight be as pure as possible.

Diaz was outclassed in 1th fight Conor boxed him around till he gassed out and its well known now Conor was suffering from Staph then.

Nate is a good fighter but be real Conor is way ahead of him skill wise. Nate has just got lot of heart when hes up for it.

No it was nothing to with that. It has to do with a fighter making the right adjustements and evolve (Conor) and from that, been able to beat Nate.

Diaz was outclassed in 1th fight Conor boxed him around till he gassed out and its well known now Conor was suffering from Staph then.

Nate is a good fighter but be real Conor is way ahead of him skill wise. Nate has just got lot of heart when hes up for it.

<TrumpWrong1>

While I agree that Conor probably overtrained, he also fought like an idiot in that first fight and gassed even momentarily giving Diaz a chance to eat him alive. The Ferguson fight is pretty similar i'd be interested to see if he takes the Diaz approach.

Nate doesn't really make adjustments I don't think. So Conor would do a little better than last time most likely.

Amazing how Conor didn't develop staph infection until after he lost.

id love to see that rematch in the FUTURE!!!!! there are 2 men who deserve it more then him ferg and khabib I believe these 2 are also the best 2 fighters at 155 in my opinion it gos
1) khabib
2) ferg
3) conor
4)alverez
5) rda
6)diaz
that being said after conor loses to khabib or ferg then yes a great rematch.

It all depends on what kinda shape you stay in outwith fight camps, a guy like Bisping or Nate who are known for great cardio can step up on 1-2 weeks notice and not have many problems until the latter rounds cardio wise.

I think Conor would finish Nate at 155...
Considering that has only happened twice in his career, I'd go with no.
I would expect that he would pick his shots a lot more than the second fight.
To be truthful though, if Nate could drill some basic trip takedowns from the clinch, he could own McGregor in rounds 3-5 enough to earn the W, but would likely tap him out.
But... Diaz doesn't really learn new tricks, so I'd go with another 3-2 split or a draw.

Back