• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

McGregor is going to get MOLESTED by Alvarez

1) amazing AV, who is it ?
2) Av/account/sig bet ? - take your pic, I got McG.

I think eddie is a more complete fighter and has the tools and cardio to beat Conor, but i'll even admit Conor's got good power, and anything can happen.

I think eddie has a proven chin tho, so if he can weather the first 2 rds, I see eddie pulling away a dominate finsh.

Ok , first off yelling MOLESTED is just weird man.

But... you have some good points. As an old schooler from day one, my money would be on Alverez.

However, that's part of his draw. Mcgregor has beaten a couple of guys that he (according to conventional wisdom) was not supposed to beat.

If Alvarez takes him down and fingers him I won't be surprised. If Conor comes up with another victory, you have to be impressed.

Either way I will be entertained. Props to both.

I'm not sure because Eddie, while a great well rounded fighter and solid wrestler, is not exactly a dominant wrestler a la Kosheck/GSP/Hendricks/Maynard/Edgar etc. He was tossed around by Chandler, but Eddie's strength is you can't hold him down and he keeps coming. I think even a non wrestler like RDA has better offensive takedowns. But I kind of hope you're right, Eddie is very lovable and I'd be happy to see him succeed.

Do Conor's nuthuggers ever watch his fights? The guy has no jab, no cardio, no wrestling, no grappling and no heart. Watching him fight brings you back to UFC 1 when people had no clue what the "mixed" in "mixed martial arts" stood for and local karate guys were fighting for a sandwich.

On the other hand, you have a seasoned veteran with a well-rounded skillset, a relentless style, tremendous willpower and unlimited cardio who has outground strikers, outstruck grapplers and knocked out the guy who beat the guy who slapped Conor around like a bitch and choked him the fuck out.

I'm not even an Alvarez fan but I don't see how Connie can avoid getting thrown around like a rag doll and used as a floor mop unless he begs for mercy and taps out early. Also, dude is scared shitless of Aldo so it would be safe to assume he's already mentally broken as he knows a loss would mean having nowhere left to run.

I almost feel sorry for him right now.

Terrible logic, look at the who beat who argument you posted, daft! Try again, Conor BEAT Nate, Nate BEAT Cerrone, Cerrone BEAT Alvarez.

Then lets consider that Cerrone BEAT Alvarez, Varer BEAT Cerrone, Lauzon BEAT Varner, Kenflo BEAT Lauzon, BJ Demolished Kenflo, Frankie BEAT BJ, Aldo BEAT Frankie, and FINALLY McGregor DESTROYED Aldo (although he's scared shitless of him!!! hahahaha)

NOW SHUT UP!!

I think Conor range will be a huge factor as where as Alvarez likes to brawl since the reach difference is in Conors favor at 5 inches

I'd say that "Alvarez will win/Conor will win" threads make up about 40% of all forum threads.

I say it's a toss-up up until we actually see them fight.

tumblr_lxnwzpTOkT1qjqxgoo1_400.gif

TS, I wanna see your heart, jab and cardio. Post videos of your fights.........OH SHIT you ARE 0-0...... worse than cm Punks.... shut up keyboard warrior

In UFC Undisputed 3 I would pick Machida and just keep spamming his straight left and it would help me win 80% of matches online.

Conor McGregor is that video game character personified.

Alvarez just looks like the prototypical mma fighter to me, which Conor probably eats up. Also Conor's grappling has gotten better. He's improving all around the board. Nate's not a takedown artist, but he had a lot of size on Conor, and he couldn't get him down no matter how hard he tried, until he scored a trip at the very end of the fight.

I like connor, he comes to fight everytime. To say he has no heart is pretty dumb to say the least. the guy fights on the biggest stage of all and has lost 1 fight (in ufc)due to gassing hard. If he had no heart he would have never rallied hard in the 4th round when he looked over agaisnt diaz. I would agree that his cardio is pretty bad.

Back