McGregor and Vera

I said the same thing in the other thread where his coach said that Conor might even go for the WW belt.

McGregor reminds me of Dan Hardy just with a pinch more hype. Both from the same Island. Both potent strikers. Both hyped without much substance other than obviously being entertaining fighters in the cage, and memorable out of it as well. And both got/will get whooped by their divisions respective dominant Champion. Then slip back down the totem pole fast. Only difference is Dan is awesome and Conor's a schmo. And for reasons I don't understand McGregor has more fans. This is like Hardy on repeat just with a bigger budget.

Terrible comparison.

He needs to beat top level competition before we can say anything about him. He looks great against the guys he has fought but that means nothing unless he can beat guys like Edgar and Aldo.

He is fun to watch and soon we will see how good he really is.

He reminds men of Josh Grispi, people forget he was destroying guys, all finishes, and was the consensus #2-3 in the world when he got the shot against Aldo.

Then he fought Poirer and we saw how it went from there.

i dont get how beating poirier and siver gets you a shot at the belt

the hype on this guy is nuts
they went way ott with dan hardy and roger huerta

i dont get how siver is a 9 to 1 underdog at the bookies
macgregor isnt a world beater and thats the kind of price youd get if siver were facing legit top p4p fighter like aldo or frankie

shoot Id like to see him fight Mighty Mouse at a catch weight

Why is it so hard to accept that maybe, just maybe, this kid is legit? Frankly I can't understand why people wouldn't want him to be legit...he is unique in the cage. He does move differently, he does have an incredibly exciting style and he is one of the few fighters that is interested in being creative in his style and he just might have the talent to do it against elite competition.

Is it just because he's not falsely polite in his assessment of his peers? Would people rather have a world were Aldo continues to slowly decline and leg kick his way to 4-6 more decision title win rematches until age catches him and he loses to a fighter who can't possibly match Aldo's reign?

Maybe I'm crazy but I think he has a shot to back up what he's saying. I don't feel great about him beating Pettis or other elite LW guys now, but him beating Aldo/Mendes/Frankie is not something that would shock me at all. People always bring up the hype busts from the past but forget that guys like GSP, Penn, Jones, Pettis, Aldo etc... also had a lot of hype behind them too.

iv never seen a hype train go into overdrive this quickly before

hell be a tough sell if he loses a few fights
if he lost to siver i think it may be permanently derailed

if he fought and beat aldo edgar or mendes id say all aboard

frankie is more deserving of next title shot

id at the very least make conor fight someone like uriah faber to earn it

this kind of matchmaking and rankings ramifications are going to drive other fighters crazy with the reebok money

McGregor reminds me of Dan Hardy just with a pinch more hype. Both from the same Island. Both potent strikers. Both hyped without much substance other than obviously being entertaining fighters in the cage, and memorable out of it as well. And both got/will get whooped by their divisions respective dominant Champion. Then slip back down the totem pole fast. Only difference is Dan is awesome and Conor's a schmo. And for reasons I don't understand McGregor has more fans. This is like Hardy on repeat just with a bigger budget.

UK and Ireland are the same island?

When was the last time you looked at a map?

same with Maui and Oahu, but still pretty much the same locale.

ireland and england have some shared history but are different places its like saying usa and mexico are practically the same place.

Back