• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Economy McDonald's' prices have doubled in 10 years

Just paid 24 dollars for 3 blizzards with extra oreo from dairy queen .

In Albuquerque. NM.

Got a job offer and decided to buy some treats to my homies who helped me get it.

dairy-queen-99-cent-blizzards-v0-6hizjmtmo84b1.jpg

4to6rb.jpg

My Grandma owned the Dairy Queen across the street from the breaking bad car wash in the 505.

Biggest inflation for me was arcade games going from 25 to 50 cents. Know that sounds stupid but fucking hell streetfighter2/Mortal Kombat isn't worth 50 cents a play.

Bidenomics is working as planned. His goal is to eliminate the middle class and he's doing a hell of a job of it. Meanwhile you got idiot democrats voting for him because Taylor Swift and the tards on the VIew told them to.

I'm 2020 I gotva Qaurter pounder meal for 8 bucks. Now same meal is 15 dollars. This has drive myself an alot of others to go to the mom am pop joints its better and cheaper

I'm 2020 I gotva Qaurter pounder meal for 8 bucks. Now same meal is 15 dollars. This has drive myself an alot of others to go to the mom am pop joints its better and cheaper

There is that for sure...

I never eat fast food anymore

Except on a drunken binge

high prices and the portion sizes keep shrinking and shrinking. ate their recently and the big mac is almost the size of a double cheeseburger from 10-15 years ago. nuggets and the chicken sandwich are smaller too.

fast food is supposed to be unhealthy and cheap not unhealthy and expensive. not just mcdonalds but other place too.
Gotta love that capitalism baby!!

How much have butts gone up in the same time period? I mean we tax cigarettes to make them artificially expensive cause they're bad for you, maybe McNads is just doing the same thing in the private sphere.

And you goofs say capitalism doesn't work...

I think a lot of oligopolies figured out they could raise prices like this during the pandemic era and people would still pay it. They price hikes in a lot of sectors have little to do with anything other than the fact that we are willing to pay it.

Unfortunately you can’t fix that without making laws that bust up these oligopolies or punish them for it to restore competition. You’ll never get that in the US with roughly half the country shitting their pants when the GOP calls it communism

Couldn't people just take some personal responsibility for their spending habits?

Five guys Cajun fries
Chic Fil E waffle fries
They dont salt the chick fil a doesnt salt their fries..... negative.

i dont care what you do, what you think of the prices, or what you think of the quality of their food.

people are still buying mcdonalds at these prices, and they net 2 billion dollars in income last quarter.
I want to start by saying that what you're saying is correct. But it is also incomplete. You can acquire more revenue with additional volume, or through price. Shareholders will push price, because with price there is no increase in cost per unit. With volume there is. However there is a large risk you run when pushing price-- with less volume, when you lose any of said volume your op income plummets.

Shareholders would love if you sold a $200.00 burger instead of a $5.00 one. Because your margin on a $200.00 is insanely high. The problem is this is not a good long term strategy, but shareholders don't care about long term health of businesses. They want to make money on their investment now.
If you're making $1,000.00 a week because you're selling burgers to 200 people, if two customers decide not to buy from you anymore you do lose op income but not a whole lot.
But what if your $1,000.00 is coming from five customers, and two of those customers decide not to buy from you anymore? You lose $400.00 of your $1,000.00.

Back