• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mayweather vs Maidana 2 RBR

IncompleteComplicatedKid.gif

Maidana knew it was a good hit

Maidana should have read Oscar's blueprint and did what Castillo did.

The timekeeper should have waited to ring the bell. You gotta let Maidana do work in there!

GYI0060424075_huge.jpg

Paulie was saying all the same shit I always say.. and he's a floyd fanboy...

Like I said, nobody I know likes both, it's one or the other. The forums are the same.

You're lucky if you know people who will talk about both. I can only think of one person who is a big fan of both.

I think a lot of comes from the fact that boxing is just harder to follow than a lot of sports. I mean how many champions are there among the alphabets in all the weight classes? Even for people who really enjoy boxing, its hard to watch everything. In MMA most average fans do not watching anything other than the UFC so its easier to talk about.

I never thought CHino was good enough to even challenge Floyd.. but he proved me wrong two times... I think if you take away the excessive holding and Floyd friendly ref, a real fight might have broke out

Floyd and his paid off Ref are in the hot tub together right now. Shit job Kenny Bayless.

Maidana was saying all the same shit I always say.. and he's a floyd fanboy...
I assume you mean Paulie. He's just as wrong about it as you are. The ref is supposed to break clinches. I'm not sure what the problem is.

I think a lot of comes from the fact that boxing is just harder to follow than a lot of sports. I mean how many champions are there among the alphabets in all the weight classes? Even for people who really enjoy boxing, its hard to watch everything. In MMA most average fans do not watching anything other than the UFC so its easier to talk about.

I don't know who has all the titles in the way I used to. I try and keep up to date with lineal or whoever is obviously the man, rather than super titles and diamond and that crap. But I guess it could put off new fans. I prefer seeing good fights not hearing deontay wilder is undefeated.

anyone know wher I can find the Post Fight Presser.

I assume you mean Paulie. He's just as wrong about it as you are. The ref is supposed to break clinches. I'm not sure what the problem is.

Yeah.. changed it.. and he's not wrong .. nor am I.. If the ref has to physically break you ..thats a foul.. plain and simple...

I will bet you Bayless pushed Maidana out to range 50+ times in this fight.. You telling me you don't have a problem with that?

Explain what you think Bayless should have done differently.

Not take a point from Maidana, as Mayweather was illegally holding when Maidana was trying to push him off.

Not take a point from Maidana, as Mayweather was illegally holding when Maidana was trying to push him off.

?
Maidana used his elbow to push floyd onto the ground instead of breaking free like the ref told him to

Bayless should have penalized Mayweather for holding.. and alllowed the fighters to fight out of clinches when they could.. he gave the strategic advantage to Floyd by pushing Maidana out to sea every time he stepped on the beach

Bayless didn't ruin the fight or do as terrible a job as many people are saying, but I think he should have warned Floyd for excessive clinching. In terms of breaking the action, I don't think he was in the wrong for the most part (people forget that Maidana actually held and hit a fair amount in the first fight which was a result of poor reffing), but Floyd should have probably been warned at least.

Yeah.. changed it.. and he's not wrong .. nor am I.. If the ref has to physically break you ..thats a foul.. plain and simple...

I will bet you Bayless pushed Maidana out to range 50+ times in this fight.. You telling me you don't have a problem with that?

Do I have a problem with events in this fight that happened in 10000000s of other fights? No, I don't. Thats what the ref does when he breaks a clinch. You separate the fighters to a neutral position.

I didn't think the holding was excessive... And I usually favor the aggressive fighters.

Back