Mayweather retirement and how Cotto can bring him back.

And people will say he's ducking somebody somebody else (probably Williams) if he comes back and beats Cotto.

Maybe you're right.

But, Mayweather kind of put that on his shoulders. Although perhaps true, he calls him self the very best pound-for-pound fighter in the world. But not only of this generation but claims of all time and compares on Sugar Ray Robinson to him self.

Now, is Mayweather good and has he eared the right to express his opinion abut how good he is? Sure. Does he talk as much as Miranda and Mayorga- Not really and truth is he has more right to talk like them if he wanted to.

But when you preach about how great you are then you have to fight who the people and the fans are demanding you to fight or its going to stick on you like a piece of gum on hot concrete.

None like anyone else supposedly calling out Mayweather Miguel Cotto has several things about him that stick out.

#1 Cotto's undefeated.
#2 His fight with Margarito will most-likely sell more PPV's than Mayweather did before 2007 (vs. Gatti, Judah, Baldomir)
#3 Since Mayweather became The recognized Welterweight Champion by beating Balomir he hasnt faught a top Welterweight yet calls him self the champion. You have to defend the title against a true Welter and the best option out there is Miguel Cotto.

So while beating Cotto would still mean people would call out Mayweather and people would still claim he's ducking. He can always point at the Cotto fight and say "he was the one people talked for the loudest and the most and I beat him.". - And with that satisfaction he can retire in peace.

Infact, he may be retiring for that reason. Just to say, "fine... One more time just to prove i duck no one. I will come out of retirement just to prove a point to everyone and then I am done. I dont care who else is out there".

I think because the first fight was a letdown and then Oscar had a mediocre at best showing against Forbes. Oscar said right out that he thought Forbes was basically a poor mans Floyd, so if he got tagged that much against Forbes and the first fight sucked, who wants to see another? He doesn't need the money.

I agree w/ everything you said. Thanks for your thoughts.

You dont think Mayweather would rather wait for Cotto to beat DLH if possible though?

He has little to lose if Cotto fights DLH. Eithr DLH beats Cotto and Mayweather can say Cotto was overated. Or Cotto wins and gets more exposure and its more $$$ for Money May

I could swear that Mayweather already retired once??? After De La Hoya did he not retire? This is another scam and if Cotto wins both those fights which I believe he can then I also agrre Floyd will be back for the big payday!

Back