• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mayweather/McGregor Discussion

Who wins?

• Total voters
Watch the fight on 26th and then send me an apology via DM mate.

Thank you.
I've got a feeling you won't be posting round here after the fight and I don't have twitter so dm seems unlikely.

I thought this one was over the top. but so far there have been 26,000 views in under 3 hours with hundreds of people calling me a moron

I thought this one was over the top. but so far there have been 26,000 views in under 3 hours with hundreds of people calling me a moron

I can't think why anyone would say nasty things on teh interwebs.

@Queen B aka fat dan. Why in your expert analysis of liking your own posts do you think Conor is going to win?

Hi trollymctrollface. You just said Conor is going to counter punch and make Floyd the aggressor. Possibly the stupidest piece of analysis of 2017 so far.

Honestly he's inexperienced enough to probably try something like that. Not that using pressure will work out any better. No matter what they try it's going to be grasping at straws.

so be
Stop trolling kidda. Watch some fights, educate yourself and come back with some good, reasoned discussion.
Besides ad hominem do you have any video evidence or evidence of any kind that supports Conor is considering using this approach or can make a cognizant argument on why this approach (if Conor is capable of utilizing this tactic) would even be successful ?

so be

Besides ad hominem do you have any video evidence or evidence of any kind that supports Conor is considering using this approach or can make a cognizant argument on why this approach (if Conor is capable of utilizing this tactic) would even be successful ?

It's not worth the energy. Here's her post on Lennox Lewis and other notable heavy weights:

Conor would have KOd all of them within 4 rounds.

da nuthugging lewis would have at least made it to the 8th round....
{<jordan}
Lewis was losing to vitali therefore vitali won even though his eye looked like it was going to fall out. That's the way it works.

Lewis was losing to vitali therefore vitali won even though his eye looked like it was going to fall out. That's the way it works.
Vitali faked a low kick and then hit lewis with a superman punch.
plus i mean who has Lewis faced that stacks up to Eddie Alvarez

NSAC to hear requests from Floyd Mayweather, Conor McGregor to fight in 8-ounce gloves

The Nevada State Athletic Commission will at least entertain the possibility of Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor wearing lighter boxing gloves in their highly anticipated fight later this month in Las Vegas.

NSAC executive director Bob Bennett confirmed to ESPN on Wednesday that both fighters have submitted official requests to wear 8-ounce gloves for their junior middleweight fight on Aug. 26 inside T-Mobile Arena.

Per Nevada regulations, any fight contested above the weight of 147 pounds must utilize 10-ounce gloves. The contracted weight for the Mayweather, McGregor bout is 154 pounds.

Despite the rule, Bennett said nothing prevents the two camps from submitting requests to wear the smaller gloves. The fighters will have a chance to argue in favor of the 8-ounce gloves before the matter comes to a vote during a commission meeting on Aug. 16.

"Both camps have submitted a waiver by the date we requested, which was today," Bennett told ESPN. "The commission will hear both camps' reasoning as to why it should deviate from its regulations during a scheduled meeting on Aug. 16. Our chairman Anthony Marnell will then lead a conversation with the other commission members and they will vote on it that day."

The commission vote was first reported by BoxingScene.com.

Arguments in favor of smaller gloves will have to be weighed against potential concerns regarding fighter health and safety, which Bennett recently told ESPN is of the "utmost importance to this commission."

Mayweather (49-0, 26 KOs) ignited the subject earlier this month when he announced on social media he wished to wear the 8-ounce gloves. McGregor (21-3), the UFC's lightweight champion, is used to wearing 4-ounce gloves in mixed martial arts.

During a four-stop press tour last month, Mayweather went so far as to say he'd wear 4-ounce gloves in the fight.

Honestly he's inexperienced enough to probably try something like that. Not that using pressure will work out any better. No matter what they try it's going to be grasping at straws.
It's actually a good strategy against Floyd. It's hard enough to get ahead on points, considering he's such a good counter puncher, and most guys just stay on the attack trying to wear him down. If you can get ahead on points early in a round and force him to be the aggressor is probably your best chance against him.

lol they were showing Jack. And then gave us about 3 minutes of the ceiling. And now it's back to "Starting Soon". edit: audios out now. Showtime is phoning this one in it seems.

Last edited:
Both Mayweather and Ellerbe are really pushing for people to order the PPV before the day of the fight. Makes sense but it's just a weird proposition. I'm not paying for any fight before the weigh-in, at the earliest.

I wonder about the individual buys versus what they anticipate. I mean, I have a buddy getting it for the spectacle who has already ordered, having food and beer and poker tables set up and charging like $15/$20 head for fight/food/beer, maybe $10 if it's a full house. Like 20 guys or so tops. I guess there are the UFC and even some WWE bleed-over, but I'm thinking boxing fans are going to see this at a bar or something like we're doing. Not one they HAVE to pay for and see alone to watch closely and such from their couch, you know?
I will FOR SURE be buying Canelo/GGG and watching here, likely with maybe one other couple and my wife, hanging on every second.

I'm pretty sure I know how Floyd/Conor goes down after about a round, maybe a round and a half. But I do want to see it. I expect the next several rounds will be a savage boxing lesson for Conor until it is stopped. Looking forward to the undercard, though.

Back