International Mayor Pete bends over for Israel, would keep capital in Jerusalem

I kinda feel bad for Democrat politicians (okay that's a lie, I could never feel sympathy for a politician), the minefield they have to navigate through in today's climate is rather intense. If you're one or two shades off the company line, your goose is cooked.

I kinda feel bad for Democrat politicians (okay that's a lie, I could never feel sympathy for a politician), the minefield they have to navigate through in today's climate is rather intense. If you're one or two shades off the company line, your goose is cooked.

These poor bastards can’t even say the word capitalism to their base. The pandering to each individual sub group would get to me and I’d flip out and yell racist obscenities at everyone on stage at a debate hahaha

Ah yes, the Kramer Technique. Very effective!

giphy.gif

Geeze that transcript is annoying. Interviewer Repeatedly cutting him off to put words in his mouth. Should have walked away from that dick of a host who wouldn't let a candidate simply speak his mind, and instead trying to trap him into a soundbite
I found Pete's comments all very rational. He's adopting a "where is the best direction to go forward from here" approach.

Seems like a strong answer to me. It seems Buttigieg is far superior to Trump on this point.

Not seeing what the issue is here

The US has already moved the embassy and acknowledged Jerusalem as the capital, it's done. What good does it do to move it again in 2 years? There's no upside to it. It's the practical thing to do.

I don’t have an issue with anything he said here at all. He actually explained himself very well. I think he may be the best communicator in the entire race.

Pete is right, moving the embassy was a that inflamed tensions--it was a bad idea, but for the same reasons it would be a bad idea to move it back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonSable
Back