Maynard vs Alvarez - How does this fight go?

Adamant

Adamantium Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
This is a hell of a match-up I think would make for a great headliner or debut fight for Eddie. I hope it happens if Eddie is lucky enough to get out of Bellator and over to the UFC.

How do you see this fight going? Would be a pretty hardcore debut fight, but great nonetheless.

This is a hell of a match-up I think would make for a great headliner or debut fight for Eddie. I hope it happens if Eddie is lucky enough to get out of Bellator and over to the UFC.

How do you see this fight going? Would be a pretty hardcore debut fight, but great nonetheless.

Maynard win via TKO in round 1 if Mazzogotti is the ref since he'll jump in as soon as Eddie is rocked.

Alvarez has better cardio and is a bit more dynamic with his striking. I also don't think he'd grapple fuck Alvarez either.

I'd go with Alvarez.

Last edited:
that would be an epic fight..
i think maynard would win since alvarez gets tagged often

One of many intriguing matchups for Alvarez. I see Maynard struggling to impose his wrestling but his power on the feet does pose a significant threat to Alvarez who is prone to getting dropped. Alvarez is also very dangerous. Tough to pick.

i think this is one of the top 3 worst fights for Eddie. Gray doesn't knock a lot of people out but he can hit hard. Eddie is hittable. As was said, it does depend on the ref, which is funny. I think Eddie could also hurt Gray and win a 5 round fight. I think 3 could help Gray. Awesome match up and GIANT opportunity for a ref to completely fuck it up.

Maynard UD. Eddie gets rocked nearly every fight and I think this fight would follow suit. If it was 5 rounds I would have a harder time choosing though.

Gosh, I think we all see this fight pretty much the same.

What I am looking for from Maynard is growth. He has potential to get better and if he does he would be a real monster.

If Eddie survives the inevitable big punch from Maynard I think he takes this by decision or even KO via well roundedness, speed and cardio.

Toss up. Maynards chin is not the greatest either and he doesn't have the recovery of Alvarez.

i'd perfer eddie alvarez vs jose aldo at lw after jose beats edgar.

Maynard vs Frankie III

But Eddie would be less elusive and more offensive, and more scrambles.

C'mon start him against Pettis or Miller. But Maynard by 5RD

Maynard hurts Gil but fails to finish him. Melendez wins a close decision.

Back