Maynard vs Alvarez - How does this fight go?

Eddie gets tagged in every fight, i think this is going to look pretty much like Edgar vs Maynard 2 or 3 if Eddie manages to KO him late in the fight wich i highly doubt.

I don't see how everyone keeps picking gray by TKO lol?? Gray has 2 TKOs on his resume and Eddie has never been TKOd at LW in his career, he was TKOd once at WW vs a 200 LB Nick Thompson and that wasn't even a KO. Nick rocked him and went knee on belly and punched Eddie until the ref was forced to stop it, a good TKO stoppage but he didn't put Eddie out. Eddie always recovers.

Facts of the breakdown

-gray is a better wrestler but he's not going to be Able to wrestle rape Eddie

- Eddie is much faster

- Eddie has better cardio

- Eddie has better boxing and hits harder

- Eddie has better Bjj

-Eddies chin is no worse than Maynard's, Maynard was KOd by Edgar. Eddies never been KOd.

Eddie would KO Maynard in the 2nd, Gray has a punchers chance.

Last edited:
Eddie gets tagged in every fight, i think this is going to look pretty much like Edgar vs Maynard 2 or 3 if Eddie manages to KO him late in the fight wich i highly doubt.

Why do you doubt that? Eddie hits 10 time harder than Frankie and has better boxing.

he was TKOd once at WW vs a 200 LB Nate Thompson and that wasn't even a KO. Nate rocked him and went knee on belly and punched Eddie until the ref was forced to stop it, a good TKO stoppage but he didn't put Eddie out.

HAHAHAHA...the Eddie nuthugger and his logic!

A 200LB WW....hmmmm...so a bigger version of GSP huh? LOL.
"wasn't even a KO.....a good TKO" HAHAHAHAH.

Gosh, I think we all see this fight pretty much the same.

What I am looking for from Maynard is growth. He has potential to get better and if he does he would be a real monster.

Gray is a 33 year old lightl weight, he's getting old, especially for the weight class that relies on speed. He's not going to be doing much improvement... Guys like Chandler are the future of the division.

HAHAHAHA...the Eddie nuthugger and his logic!

A 200LB WW....hmmmm...so a bigger version of GSP huh? LOL.
"wasn't even a KO.....a good TKO" HAHAHAHAH.

Nick was easily bigger than GSP... Nick was probably the biggest WW I've ever seen, you serious?

Last edited:
I don't see how everyone keeps picking gray by TKO lol?? Gray has 2 TKOs on his resume and Eddie has never been TKOd at LW in his career, he was TKOd once at WW vs a 200 LB Nate Thompson and that wasn't even a KO. Nate rocked him and went knee on belly and punched Eddie until the ref was forced to stop it, a good TKO stoppage but he didn't put Eddie out. Eddie always recovers.

Facts of the breakdown

-gray is a better wrestler but he's not going to be Able to wrestle rape Eddie

- Eddie is much faster

- Eddie has better cardio

- Eddie has better boxing and hits harder

- Eddie has better Bjj

-Eddies chin is no worse than Maynard's, Maynard was KOd by Edgar. Eddies never been KOd.

Eddie would KO Maynard in the 2nd, Gray has a punchers chance.

I can fap to this.

Nate was easily bigger than GSP... Nate was probably the biggest WW I've ever seen, you serious?

You know the difference between Nick and Nate right?

Nick and Nate Diaz are not the same person. Neither is Nick and Nate Thompson. WTF are you talking about?

Nick and Nate Diaz are not the same person. Neither is Nick and Nate Thompson. WTF are you talking about?

Lmao, obviously I meant nick.. I'm also a huge hockey fan, hence Nate Thompson.

I was waiting to see who'd bring this up lol.

War the Goat!

Lol, nah I don't think you're as bad as he is. I was just predicting how this thread's going to end up.

Good.. I would have just stopped posting... I think I get nuts over Eddie on here because I know him AND he's one of the most criminally underrated fighters on this forum because he's not in the UFC. I feel compelled.

Yeah, extremely close fight and very hard to call. Either guy is capable of ending it on the feat, and Alvarez probably has the better cardio... potential great fight right here

I think Alvarez is a good LW but not a great one. I think the top UFC LWs will put him through the ringer.

Back