Maximizing an oppurtunity

Dafreeclinic

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I go to a new school now which focuses on tailor made education. Basically outside of a few subjects I can choose whatever I want for my classes. Since the school focuses on job based learning my teacher decided after discussing with me that it would be a good idea for me to pursue a field in basically athletic development. Cutting to the chase Im now working on this field of athletic performance. What would be ideal classes to take. I already started working on bio-chem and endocrinology since that seems helpful.

What specifically do you see yourself doing? Like training people, and if so what sort (ex. athletes in general, a particular type of athlete, average people), or a physiotherapy, sports medicine type job, etc? Are there any particular certifications you'd like to get in the future? It's rare, but some certs actually do require certain types of classes. Do you see yourself working for someone, or being your own boss?

Anyway, classes I think would be useful: Anatomy, pyschology, a class or two gender (could be under anthropology, sociology, pyschology, since you'd have to be able to work with women as well as men), a food sciences class (which is a bit different than nutrition)...obviously you're not going to be a dietician, but it's good to learn a bit about related fields. Also, possibly a "health education class", probably the easiest class you'll ever take, but since athletic performance is tied to general health, it'd give you some background knowledge. Classes on buisness and finance if you plan to work for yourself. There's also classes that are specific to athletics, I.e. classes on conditioning, strength training, gymnastics...they may or may not be good or useful, but are worth looking into.

Id like to work more with athletes/lifters and I already take psychology.

Which school is it?

If you care to post the list with the classes available for you for the upcoming semester, and total classes (or total credits and credits per class) you can take, I am sure many people here might offer some input on how they would go about it.

Sure, its a small school as you would imagine its Wayne Geri Academy.
Right now my classes are as follow
History/English alternating every other day
Psychology Elective
Science elective
Philosophy elective/ science alternating every other day
Math

I can take whatever class I want for my electives (within reason obviously). I get to choose my science and history topics. Next semester Ill probably be taking a few courses at a junior college but Im not certain.

Take any and every kin class, that should be enough.

Anatomy, physiology, kinesiology/biomechanics, physiotherapy, sports nutrition, and possibly endocrinology.

EDIT: Although what I really meant, was to provide a list with the names of the specific classes you can choose from.

Last edited:
Back