Max Holloway's level of savageness in that cage is slept on

Probably due to his lack of power. Being able to land a few hundred shots and not put a guy down is way less impressive than flatlining a guy with one shot. It makes for a less impressive highlight reel also
Agreed. Can't get excited for him. He's a predictable point fighter. He thinks he comes to scrap, just comes for a 25 minute pillow beating. Landing 500 shots and your opponent is still standing doesn't make you the best boxer.

He didn't have to do Kattar like that lol. I rarely feel bad for fighters mid fight. That's one of them.

All the media and fans (myself included) were hyping Kattar up and praising his boxing and the focus wasn't on Max as much as usual because he had just lost 3 out of his last 4 fights. Max took it out on Kattar, unfortuantely. I felt bad for Kattar too, not only because I'm a fan of Kattar, but because Kattar is actually a huge Max fan.

giphy.gif

ColorfulBriefAmericancicada-size_restricted.gif

Dustin+Poirier+Mounted+Triangle+Armbar+Max+Holloway+UFC+143.+Cut.gif

Also:

vl9Z7L.gif

Good on Max for improving his TDD, because on the mat he is very underwhelming.

Last edited:
No that's not how it works. If it's power punchers punching someone with a solid chin that won't go down are the issues in boxing. Volume strikers aren't the issues in boxing. None of Max's opponents who he had savage beatings on were negatively affected physically after those fights. They recovered and even became a better version of themselves after. Compare that to what happened to Ferguson after Gaethje. It's a lot of volume, but most of the damage is just superficial with cuts, bruising, and swelling.

Interestingly enough, before signing to the UFC, Kattar got baseline medical screenings done. He got his head scanned again after the Max fight, and the doctors said he's at the same exact spot as his baseline scans from 5 years ago, if not better lol. Max has the touch of healing I guess.

And Max's pillow fists certainly help with our ability to sleep on it.

Max should’ve won that Bermudez fight. That’s besides the point though lol

Fight could have gone either way. Definitely not a robbery. That was another classic case of Rogan fanboyism making people think a close fight was a robbery.

All the media and fans (myself included) were hyping Kattar up and praising his boxing and the focus wasn't on Max as much as usual because he had just 3 out of his last 4 fights. Max took it out on Kattar, unfortuantely. I felt bad for Kattar too, not only because I'm a fan of Kattar, but because Kattar is actually a huge Max fan.

Also:

vl9Z7L.gif

Good on Max for improving his TDD, because on the mat he is very underwhelming.

He improved his grappling a lot too.

He improved his grappling a lot too.

I don't remember the last time we've seen him mat grappling, so I can't really say. Obviously tdd is a part of grappling, though, and he's improved a lot there.

Interestingly enough, before signing to the UFC, Kattar got baseline medical screenings done. He got his head scanned again after the Max fight, and the doctors said he's at the same exact spot as his baseline scans from 5 years ago, if not better lol. Max has the touch of healing I guess.
That's very interesting actually, maybe fixed some blood flow problems after healing from that fight, or cause the brain to create new connections to fix old/damaged connections. Stuff like that can also happen when the brain heals itself if the damage isn't that bad.

I think everyone agrees how much of a savage Max Holloway is, what he did to Kattar and Ortega was the kind of memorable beat downs that don't come along often. Probably took years off both those guys lives. There's no way Holloway is slept on, but then, I'm not exactly sure what slept on means.

Back