Media Max Holloway showing respect towards Aldo

Barack_Obama_drops_the_mic.gif

Peace

Wtf are you even talking about?

khabib stated that he wanted he defend his title against the best lightweights and he did plan on moving up to ww.
You think khabib would’ve criticized Conor for not defending his title and then do the same thing he criticized Conor for?

everyone knows why khabib retired so I find it strange how you would throw shade at him like this

I know why he retired. I didn't imply he retired rather than go up so. He had issues with his weight for a while. He could have gone up. If he did, he would have lost as well. That's how that relates to Max. I wasn't throwing shade. No need to get defensive or emotional, lol.

max wasn’t even that undersized, these dimwits are trying to make it sound like max weighed in at 145 and poirier weighed in at 170.

also they conveniently forget how max and Dustin already fought at fw and the outcome was exactly the same.

such a stupid argument they are making.
Height is essentially the same
Weight was essentially the same

So it would be like me saying in the 2nd fight, max had an unfair speed advantage

This isn't even worth an actual response, lol.

<DisgustingHHH>

Crazy Holloway beat prime Aldo twice arguably and then got destroyed by Poirier

Who would've thought

There are weight classes for a reason, a great fighter might look average against guys even slightly bigger and stronger. There's a reason Khabib never moved up, he would've gotten manhandled by a lot of the top 170 wrestlers. Also Max wasn't "destroyed" in that fight by any means, he had a few moments but wasn't able to really get into his groove because Dustin kept interrupting his flow with harder shots in the exchanges.

Wait, didn’t poirier fight at featherweight for a significant portion of his career?

doesn’t Holloway and poirier of similar body frames?

why are you trying to imply that there is significant weight advantage, they were both lightweights in that fight and max looked like he was in great physical shape

Similar body frames? For real?

I’d say post prime. He had a ton of hard miles in him by this point. But I could be wrong. Could just be a”styles make fights” thing.

Wec and early ufc Aldo was prime imo
He certainly wasn't shot, but he definitely dropped a level around the time of the Mendes rematch

Yes chad had improved from their first fight, but I think if Jose was 100% on point? That would not have been a 5 round war

I remember watching Aldo before he was in the ufc and he was a phenom. Some fighters peak early and I believe he did

I have to also announce the elephant in the room,but post Usada many fighters don't look quite as good. Especially long term champs (contenders) with wear and tear

Just my 2 cents, but I definitely agree with you about miles on the clock

Who would've thought
Destroyed by Poirier? Watch the fight again, it's on Youtube. Imo you could score it 48-47 either way. first 2 rds for Poirier, second 2 for Max and rd 5 could go to either one.

I know why he retired. I didn't imply he retired rather than go up so. He had issues with his weight for a while. He could have gone up. If he did, he would have lost as well. That's how that relates to Max. I wasn't throwing shade. No need to get defensive or emotional, lol.

“he could’ve gone up”

he was working his way up for a title shot.

why tf would he forfeit his place as the #1 contender to go up? How does that make any sense?

jeez I’m losing brain cells talking to you.

top 10 all time easily. he was undefeated for many many years

Who would've thought

plz log into the MetaVerse and jump off the nearest bridge.

Still crazy how both those fights turned out. Once Holloway put his foot on the gas Aldo couldn't keep up. Poirier smashing Holloway showed though that you can't just not cut weight and fight the best at a higher weight class and win. Well, unless you are Frankie.
Adensanya tried it just to be sure and yep… you can’t just not cut weight and move up lol

I am a Max fan. I am also realistic. Aldo was still a stellar fighter, but he was definitely past his prime. I am a big Aldo fan too. You can support different fighters. You know this right? Lol.
Aldo with leg kicks makes the fight different IMO. People may mention his few kicks in their fight, but he used to throw them within combinations. His head movement was unbelievable as well. I’m not really saying Aldo dominates, but I am saying he sees the judges.

Aldo doesn’t KO Max though, that’s for sure.

Back