Media Max Holloway showing respect towards Aldo

If we're talking prime vs prime, I think Aldo. Aldo was still really good when he fought Max both times, but keep in mind that his fights before then were a war with Chad, a brutal KO from Conor, and another war (albeit an easier one) with Frankie. Personally, I think we've been seeing Aldo on a slow downhill since his 2nd fight with Chad.

Prime Aldo wasn't just more aggressive, he was also more versatile, especially with offensive grappling. Plus, towards the end of his run at 145lbs, he almost stopped throwing leg kicks completely. I think a prime Aldo would've been able to stand with Max, mix in some leg kicks, and if Max started getting too comfortable on the feet with combinations, he'd shoot a blast double like he did vs. Hominick back in the day.

definitely agree that the last we've seen of prime Aldo physically was the Mendes rematch. Before that fight, the fight with Lamas, Aldo's striking was phenomenal. Completely shut down Lamas and was attacking the head, body, & legs.

I think Max is just a bad style matchup for Aldo. Max is to Aldo what Aldo was to Frankie. Frankie was undefeated for 5 years in-between the Aldo fights, still just couldn't beat him.

so we just gon act like Bendo doesn't exist?

That’s such a Max Holloway thing to do.

Say what you want, but this is the shit that keeps me from ever being a fan of his. I don't care what his intentions are, I find it incredibly disrespectful and condescending.

It's basically what Anderson did. What really matters to me unless something dirty happens during a fight is what happens outside of the cage. Max is one of the nicest guys in that regard.

I think Max is just a bad style matchup for Aldo. Max is to Aldo what Aldo was to Frankie. Frankie was undefeated for 5 years in-between the Aldo fights, still just couldn't beat him.
Solid point. Granite chinned, unlimited cardio, volume striker against an explosive fighter who tends to slow as the fight progresses.

Yeah hard to say.

Saying Aldo was past prime doesnt sound fair for Holloway.

I lean towards just being bad match up

Maybe a bad match up, but much of it down to aldo clearly being on the slide. Im pretty sure you know that he was past his prime

Maybe a bad match up, but mostly down to aldo clearly being on the slide. Im pretty sure you know that he was past his prime

That's what I probably thought back then, but I can't say now for sure.

That's what I probably thought back then, but I can't say now for sure.

really? He’s clearly been regressing for years. For me, Watching Aldo has been like watching pacquiao these last few years; a fading atg that should’ve probably retired a few fights ago

really? He’s clearly been regressing for years. For me, Watching Aldo has been like watching pacquiao these last few years; a fading atg that should’ve probably retired a few fights ago

Not even remotely same. Aldo was 30~31 when he lost to Holloway.

Aldo might be FW Goat, but he doesn't even compare to Pac's greatness.

Wait, didn’t poirier fight at featherweight for a significant portion of his career?

doesn’t Holloway and poirier of similar body frames?

why are you trying to imply that there is significant weight advantage, they were both lightweights in that fight and max looked like he was in great physical shape
It takes time to move up in weight. You can't add a ton of muscle mass in 3 months and then cut it for your next fight. Trying to boomerang in weight makes your body not the ideal weight for either weight class.

That all said, Max only had what, a few weeks notice? I forget the circumstances around that one but it was a very short notice replacement. Max got off the couch and said hold my beer.

Not even remotely same. Aldo was 30~31 when he lost to Holloway.

Aldo might be FW Goat, but he doesn't even compare to Pac's greatness.

Lol did you even read my post? You clearly missed my fairly obvious point. Where did I compare their achievements?

Lol did you even read my post? You clearly missed my fairly obvious point. Where did I compare their achievements?

Well Like I said, it's hard to say. The only top elite fighters who CLEARLY declined while winning were Jon Jones and Fedor. Maybe Aldo did. But only two guys who CLEARLY looked declined were Jones and Fedor.

He was after that fight.

There's a reason Khabib didn't go up before retiring.
Wtf are you even talking about?

khabib stated that he wanted he defend his title against the best lightweights and he did plan on moving up to ww.
You think khabib would’ve criticized Conor for not defending his title and then do the same thing he criticized Conor for?

everyone knows why khabib retired so I find it strange how you would throw shade at him like this

so in other words what Max does to most 145lb?

If he was that much of a better fighter he would have had some success outside of Dustin gassing himself out by beating the fuck outta him.

He's a good fighter but just as you say that Dustin used his size - max does the same. If Volk and Aldo had middle and head kicks (utilized them more) they'd have had way more success (volk squeaking out two Dec. and Aldo starting strong and then fading). You see what happened when he fought someone who was just not a leg kicker - he won but got the fuck beat outta him in the process. With Volk and Aldo all Max did was eat the kicks and counter which he couldn't do with Yair because Yair was throwing to the body, the head and the legs with his kicks.

max wasn’t even that undersized, these dimwits are trying to make it sound like max weighed in at 145 and poirier weighed in at 170.

also they conveniently forget how max and Dustin already fought at fw and the outcome was exactly the same.

such a stupid argument they are making.
Height is essentially the same
Weight was essentially the same

So it would be like me saying in the 2nd fight, max had an unfair speed advantage

Back