Max Holloway: 'Finally show that Strikers can win even losing 2 takedowns'

It's hilarious. 90% of his strikes hit the air or Max's shoulders.

What if I've been training since 05? Can I think Garcia won the fight?

Holloway was the one not landing clean, Garcia kept clipping him on the chin over and over again.

I wonder how people would have scored this fight without Rogan swinging from Garcia's nuts.

I gave Garcia rounds 2 and 3, and my wife was vacuuming, so I couldn't hear shit the majority of the fight.

I've lost hope in you MMA 'fans'

Stay away from my sport please

Pretty much. Those numbers were a joke too.

I remember there was a point where Holloway landed a clean jab while the numbers were on the screen, and his total didn't go up, then Garcia threw a sloppy 3 punch combo that completely missed and his total went up.

Holloway won.

I noticed that too. Compustrike or whatever is a joke.

I gave it to Garcia because I felt that he was landing harder strikes that made Holloway retreat, but with regard to "who landed the greater quantity of strikes," I think that's sometimes a hard question to answer and oftentimes the wrong question to ask.

What if I've been training since 05? Can I think Garcia won the fight?

Holloway was the one not landing clean, Garcia kept clipping him on the chin over and over again.

go rewatch the fight max was countering every slop three punch combo garcia threw

Holloway even thought he lost. He changed his tune when he won. I guess Garcia is never going to learn how to keep his shit together, get more technical and stop throwing fast balls every punch. But, thats what alot of people like to see.

Really? So what exactly did Garcia do with his take down? I really want to refrain from calling you a moron.. so I wont

A TD is still controlling the fight ... in a major fucking way.
Positioning and cage control are kind of big deals ....

Holloway even thought he lost. He changed his tune when he won. I guess Garcia is never going to learn how to keep his shit together, get more technical and stop throwing fast balls every punch. But, thats what alot of people like to see.

hopefully that will keep his cardio together which is pretty much shit...hopefully he will learn self control when he goes to some minor org and loses there too

Pretty much. Those numbers were a joke too.

I remember there was a point where Holloway landed a clean jab while the numbers were on the screen, and his total didn't go up, then Garcia threw a sloppy 3 punch combo that completely missed and his total went up.

Holloway won.

I hope someone makes a gif of that.

I wish they would stop scoring takedowns if nothing else happens after. Or reward the same amount of points for standing up after having been taken down, which would only be logical as it is the exact opposite of a takedown.

Actually attempting takedowns for the sake of scoring points is a bitch move and should penalized.

90% of sherdog doesn't train or box.

Wtf fight were u guys watching? Holloway was slipping the majority Garcia threw at him.

Please gtfo outta here with that statistical bullshit

Box is the key word. MMA isnt boxing. All 3 Sherdog judges had it 29-28 Garcia. I think this fight is proving who the boxers are on the Sherdog Forum.

I think what he was getting at is that a takedown in itself shouldn't be the be all and end all. A dominant position is considered that because it's a position from which a fighter can more easily mount an offence. If that offence doesn't come to fruition then maybe it shouldn't mean as much.

Back