Max Holloway: 'Finally show that Strikers can win even losing 2 takedowns'

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I'm paraphrasing, I don't recall exactly what he said but man, that's the most truth I've heard in a while.

Judging needs to realize this isn't Ultimate Takedown Championships..

This totally redeems Fisher/Stout III

I'm paraphrasing, I don't recall exactly what he said but man, that's the most truth I've heard in a while.

He proved once again that you can win via Decision without winning the fight, is what you meant to say.

I wonder how people would have scored this fight without Rogan swinging from Garcia's nuts.

He didn't win that fight, Garcia was more effective everywhere. He was landing more, landing cleaner and landing harder. By the end he didn't need the takedowns to win, the fight should've been locked up.

I wonder how people would have scored this fight without Rogan swinging from Garcia's nuts.

I agree. Garcia was throwing bombs for most of the fight and Holloway was doing a good job at countering with straight punches. If Rogan wasn't complementing everything Garcia did, people might have watched the fight a little closer.

Except Garcia landed way more strikes with a better percentage.

90% of sherdog doesn't train or box.

Wtf fight were u guys watching? Holloway was slipping the majority Garcia threw at him.

Please gtfo outta here with that statistical bullshit

Except Garcia landed way more strikes with a better percentage.

Lots of slaps or punches Max rolled with, Holloway landed the better strikes IMO, including a knock down.
I gave it 29-28 to max.

Wtf fight were u guys watching? Holloway was slipping the majority Garcia threw at him.

probably the same people that complain about fight metric when it contradicts their opinion on a fight. :redface:

Strikers have to defend TDs Go boxing if you can't.
This is MMA grappling is and always will be very important.

Pretty much. Those numbers were a joke too.

I remember there was a point where Holloway landed a clean jab while the numbers were on the screen, and his total didn't go up, then Garcia threw a sloppy 3 punch combo that completely missed and his total went up.

Holloway won.

It's hilarious. 90% of his strikes hit the air or Max's shoulders.

Strikers have to defend TDs Go boxing if you can't.
This is MMA grappling is and always will be very important.

Really? So what exactly did Garcia do with his take down? I really want to refrain from calling you a moron.. so I wont

I thought it was a fine point. Who won the striking seems to be debatable (I thought Max edged him), but those takedowns certainly shouldn't count because nothing was done with them. Max got back up quick from the first one. On the second takedown, Max was the attacker with the sub attempt, but the slam escape nullified it.

I actually thought Rogan was a on holloways nuts...at least through the first round maybe 2nd also..

I recall him shittin on garcia for just walking forwards with his chin up in the air, while giving max some props for how techincal he is.

Either way Garcia was robbed imo..Constantly pushed action and got me really crunk for the rest of the fights tonight....

Pretty much. Those numbers were a joke too.

I remember there was a point where Holloway landed a clean jab while the numbers were on the screen, and his total didn't go up, then Garcia threw a sloppy 3 punch combo that completely missed and his total went up.

Holloway won.
Those in-fight stats are the worst thing the UFC has ever implemented. They are always wrong.

Back