Max calls out Edgar.

Frankie by being better everywhere. Holloways reach isn't going to save him. Would like to see the fight though and I think Holloway has earned it despite how tonight ended up.

Would like to see it. Max ain't ready for Edgar though

Love the callout. Fight makes sense as long as Edgar isn't on his high horse where he won't fight unless it's for the title.

Close fight...Edgar is the favorite, but I believe the fight could be closer than odds. Hope it happens.

I think the callout was premature and Holloway didn't "earn" a shot at a top ranked guy like Frankie Answer. Did he really beat Oliveira? I don't think so. This injury isn't like when Woodley snapped Condit's knee with a takedown. I think Holloway should fight another guy in the 5-10 range before he gets a top guy. Frankie should be getting ready for winner of Aldo/Conor Mc. Give Holloway a guy like Lamas if you want to test him.

I think the callout was premature and Holloway didn't "earn" a shot at a top ranked guy like Frankie Answer. Did he really beat Oliveira? I don't think so. This injury isn't like when Woodley snapped Condit's knee with a takedown. I think Holloway should fight another guy in the 5-10 range before he gets a top guy. Frankie should be getting ready for winner of Aldo/Conor Mc. Give Holloway a guy like Lamas if you want to test him.

Sort of. I think he earned his shot at a top guy when he tapped Cub. This was a win no matter how it happened. Lamas makes sense, but I still think Edgar does as well. I don't think any other contender is more deserving of a #1 contender's match at the moment and Edgar is definitely the other one.

I guess I'm saying that if they do make Edgar fight a #1 match, it should be against Max.

Edgar has too much experience for Max

I didn't really like the over top celebration by Max when Oliveira was injured. Jumping out of the cage after a opponent gets injured early in the fight was a bit too much for my liking but I still enjoy watching the dude fight.

what annoys me the most about holloway is his religious crap after every fight.. besides that I'm a fan. If this fights gets made, I'm probably going for an Edgar win.

After that, Edgar can fight Aldo for the title and there can be a rematch between Conor and Holloway.

I think it would be a good idea to see them fight. Edgar said he wants to fight instead of waiting around - who in turn was asked by Jeremy Stephens if he wanted to fight him, specdifically, at 194 (obviously more money to be earned on a PPV card) but Holloway is definitely more deserving than Stephens comparing their win streaks.

2 Frankie Edgar
3 Chad Mendes
4 Ricardo Lamas
5 Max Holloway
6 Cub Swanson
7 Charles Oliveira
8 Jeremy Stephens
9 Dennis Bermudez
10 Nik Lentz

For the people wanting to see him fight someone in the top 5. There's only Edgar or Mendes. Lamas is fighting Sanchez.Then the rest of the top ranked fighters: Swanson he's beaten already and it sounds like he's retiring. Oliveira, looks like he probably won't fight again this year. Stephens would be a great scrap as would Bermudez, though I think at this point Edgar and he makes the most sense. If Edgar gets injured maybe Stephens if Holloway & the UFC want to keep him active. I think that would be a great fight.

what annoys me the most about holloway is his religious crap after every fight.. besides that I'm a fan. If this fights gets made, I'm probably going for an Edgar win.

After that, Edgar can fight Aldo for the title and there can be a rematch between Conor and Holloway.

Ha! Bit presumptious on your part that Aldo wins. Though if Conor wins, I can only see him defending the belt once before moving up to LW. And I would go with Edgar over Holloway as well.

I think it would be a good idea to see them fight. Edgar said he wants to fight instead of waiting around - who in turn was asked by Jeremy Stephens if he wanted to fight him, specdifically, at 194 (obviously more money to be earned on a PPV card) but Holloway is definitely more deserving than Stephens comparing their win streaks.

2 Frankie Edgar
3 Chad Mendes
4 Ricardo Lamas
5 Max Holloway
6 Cub Swanson
7 Charles Oliveira
8 Jeremy Stephens
9 Dennis Bermudez
10 Nik Lentz

For the people wanting to see him fight someone in the top 5. There's only Edgar or Mendes. Lamas is fighting Sanchez.Then the rest of the top ranked fighters: Swanson he's beaten already and it sounds like he's retiring. Oliveira, looks like he probably won't fight again this year. Stephens would be a great scrap as would Bermudez, though I think at this point Edgar and he makes the most sense. If Edgar gets injured maybe Stephens if Holloway & the UFC want to keep him active. I think that would be a great fight.

Like your summary.

Both guys deserve a TS already. Give them a gimme fight.

Mendes and Lamas are far from titleshots and FW needs a few contenders after Aldo-Conor storm.

Ha! Bit presumptious on your part that Aldo wins. Though if Conor wins, I can only see him defending the belt once before moving up to LW. And I would go with Edgar over Holloway as well.

I just think that Aldo is gonna beat Conor. But we've been over that.

Sort of. I think he earned his shot at a top guy when he tapped Cub. This was a win no matter how it happened. Lamas makes sense, but I still think Edgar does as well. I don't think any other contender is more deserving of a #1 contender's match at the moment and Edgar is definitely the other one.

I guess I'm saying that if they do make Edgar fight a #1 match, it should be against Max.

I think Cub showed he's not a top guy when he lost to Frankie and then Holloway. I just don't count the Oliveira win as a good demonstration that he is ready for the top tier guys. Lamas/Sanchez makes absolutely no sense.

Oh well, Frankie by UD.

Much respect for that call out, not every day do you find a potential contender calling out the dangeous #2 guy for a fight. Risky move though.

Call out #2, beat his ass then call out the champ. Or continue to call out tomato cans and live off pay check to pay check.

Not the pillowfisted guy who treated the octagon like a bouncy castle for 25 minutes against a terrified bantamweight.

Muh head movement, muh footwork! Shut up.

Holloway by KO.

He's had more of a career at Featherweight.

Back