Mauricio Rua

What think?

• Total voters
Prime BJ Penn would've handed Severn his ass on a plate. Severn was an overrated, stuck in the mood barroom brawler. Don't bring that bum up here
a 3 time all American wrestler and UFC hall of famer is a barroom brawler?

That would be an insane fight. I think Rua would catch him though. Rua was the more technical and diverse striker
Shogun had good takedowns too, he could drag it to the floor if he needed to

Sometimes old lions roar!

Yea, but just based on the Volkan win and the sad state of the once glamorous LHW div. You'd have to go back 9 years to find a worse win than the 3 on Shogun's current run, and I'm not even sure they'd beat that version of Coleman.

He's got a shot at beating volkan but he will never beat Gus or DC for the belt.

If a pro mma elite fighter can't get rid of love handles, how could I?

This is an excellent troll thread lol.

"ShoTgun" Rua
Volkan almost beating DC

etc lol

Volkan is that big ass Swedish guy, right?
If you seriously haven't watched MMA since Jones beat Shogun (2011), the "Big Swedish guy" you are referencing - that "almost beat Daniel Cormier" could be Alexander Gustafsson?

Volkan is from Switzerland and that fight was not nearly as competitive. He may have landed a solid punch or 2 but that is expected and D.C. dominated. You should watch both fights.

I wouldn't mind seeing Rua win BTW.

Volkan Oezdemir, a guy that almost beat Cormier.

ColbertNo.gif

-3 / 10 troll job.

Cardio machine, Tornado kicking Shogun with non stop trips, sweeps and scrambles was a force.

Tired no knees boxing Shogun isn't quite the same, but it's nice to see him win some still.

It’s funny that before knee surgery he was known as a cardio machine.

I'd take prime wand vs rua . Prime wand traded with hunt
Rua captured the LHW title from Machida while Wand lost to Leben.

Personally, I think it's sufficient to have great respect for both. But Shogun: Pride Open Weight and UFC LHW title holder. If there is a hierarchy...

If you seriously haven't watched MMA since Jones beat Shogun (2011), the "Big Swedish guy" you are referencing - that "almost beat Daniel Cormier" could be Alexander Gustafsson?

Volkan is from Switzerland and that fight was not nearly as competitive. He may have landed a solid punch or 2 but that is expected and D.C. dominated. You should watch both fights.

I wouldn't mind seeing Rua win BTW.
I thought Switzerland was a city in Sweden TBH

Lmao didn't read the post but clicked "possibly". But yeah... possibly.

that's waht they said before he fought Machida.
466619_o.gif
Right, and people forget Machida was on a 12-0 winning streak which includes beating 10 or 11-0 Rashad Evans, who in turn was coming off a win over Forrest Griffin, who, wait for it, was coming off a win over Rua. Out of this whole circle of MMMath, the person who came out on top was Shogun.

Last edited:
Back