Mauricio Rua

What think?

• Total voters
I think Shogun will "almost beat" Volkan.
it's going to be a good one, I hope my boy wins it out so he can get one last run. If he beats Volkan, he should face the Latifi vs Grover winner ina title eliminator.

Yeah he did come back and in 08 still in prime.
It's 2018
He's still pretty young really. He's younger than Randy was when he started MMA, and Randy won multiple championships against better competition.

He's still pretty young really. He's younger than Randy was when he started MMA, and Randy won multiple championships against better competition.
Fight mileage brother.
Shogun brother ninja burnt out at 31
Randy started late but no where near fight mileage

Wand is #1
, people just wernt around then to understand why
Beating a bunch of cab drivers doesn't make you the best LHW ever. He got starched by Vitor and Hendo. He was great and viscious in his prime but always very one dimensional and his resume is highly suspect.

If DC beats Stipe and Shogun wins, Shogun should get a title shot against Gus. (DC said he isn’t going back to LHW if he won I thought I read)

Otherwise DC vs. Shogun.

Chuck beat prime Wand though
I think both guys were visibly slowing down. Wandy perhaps more so.

Also it was a 3 round main event and i believe Wand scored the only knockdown.

I dont think Chuck could have gone 5 rounds with Mirko or stood toe to toe with Hunt. He also got owned twice by Page when Wandy was brutally sonning Rampage at the time

Beating a bunch of cab drivers doesn't make you the best LHW ever. He got starched by Vitor and Hendo. He was great and viscious in his prime but always very one dimensional and his resume is highly suspect.
Whatever. Go watch a Wandy highlight at tell me with a straight face he isnt the goat LHW.

Honestly him, Chuck, Rua, and Jones cab be considered tied. Theyre all goats. Most divisions dont have anyone as great as any of those guys.

I rank prize fighters on excitement too.. And when were talking greatness its more than looking at fight finder.

Wand is the most famous pride fighter. He made mma

He owned MW in pride. He fuckin beat Cro Cop in a striking match.

Last edited:
Lol @ one dimensional
Wand had good bjj and stand up

Whatever. Go watch a Wandy highlight at tell me with a straight face he isnt the goat LHW.

Honestly him, Chuck, Rua, and Jones cab be considered tied. Theyre all goats. Most divisions dont have anyone as great as any of those guys.
They aren't tied. I'd put Shogun ahead of Wanderlei, and Chuck too. But Jones is clearly #1. Cormier is made a strong case for being top 3 also, although his career was short there.

Hey guys.....hey
my favorite fighter is Mauricia "Shotgun" Rua. I haven't watched mma a whole lot since he lost the strap to Jones and i'm recently getting back into it. I noticed that he is on a terror, with 3 straight wins against opponents with a comnined record of 48-22. That's pretty good.

Now his next fight is against beast, Volkan Oezdemir, a guy that almost beat Cormier. I think if my boy beats him, he's right in line for a shot at belt. What do you guys think?
tattoo-mauricio-rua.jpg
Almost beat cormier? Lol

Lol @ one dimensional
Wand had good bjj and stand up
He was a one dimensional fighter. He fought the same way in every fight, and never made adjustments. He is even limited in his one dimension (striking), in that he can only strike in one style lol

Back