Maurice Hooker vs José Carlos Ramírez 2019-07-27

KillerIsBack V2

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
a title unification fight from the only 2 champs outside of the JWW Super6.
Should be a good fight. Jose should win this easily. The only serious threat for him is Regis in the div.

Great pick up for DAZN. Props to Arum for sending Ramirez over. Awesome fight!

Fantastic fight. Guess Arum saw how vulnerable Ramirez was and how easily he could lose to some random nobody before ever getting a big fight so he cashed him out for some sweet DAZN $$$ and a bit of a better reputation for Top Rank from the fans.

Fantastic fight. Guess Arum saw how vulnerable Ramirez was and how easily he could lose to some random nobody before ever getting a big fight so he cashed him out for some sweet DAZN $$$ and a bit of a better reputation for Top Rank from the fans.
I think its the other way around.

Ramirez likely to beat Hooker.

Then Arum is gonna try to negotiate a shitload of money for Ramirez to fight Prograis/Taylor winner

Maurice Hooker vs Jose Ramirez
Saturday, July 27, 2019 College Park Center in Arlington, Texas
DAZN, Sky Sports

Murat Gassiev will make his long-awaited Heavyweight debut against Joey Dawejko. Tevin Farmer will defend his IBF World Super-Featherweight title against Guillaume Frenois

Maurice Hooker (26-0-3, 17 KOs) vs Jose Ramirez (24-0, 16 KOs) -

WBC, WBO Junior Welterweight Titles

Maurice Hooker vs Jose Ramirez
Saturday, July 27, 2019 College Park Center in Arlington, Texas
DAZN, Sky Sports

Murat Gassiev will make his long-awaited Heavyweight debut against Joey Dawejko. Tevin Farmer will defend his IBF World Super-Featherweight title against Guillaume Frenois

Maurice Hooker (26-0-3, 17 KOs) vs Jose Ramirez (24-0, 16 KOs) -

WBC, WBO Junior Welterweight Titles
Murats off the card. Rodney Hernandez replaced him for a rematch with Dawejko

I'm looking forward to seeing how heavyweight Joey Dawejko looks tonight. He was supposed to fight former cruiserweight champ Gassiev in his heavyweight debut but Gassiev pulled out due to injury/illness & spoiler Rodney Hernandez who's been on a bit of a streak has stepped in. It should be a good scrap as Dawejko & Hernandez had previously fought to an eight-round draw.
Dawejko needs a win here if he ever hopes to escape journeyman status as he's on a three bout losing streak. But, they've all been to good fighters/contenders & he was unlucky not to get the nod his last time out against unbeaten Russian Sergey Kuzmin.
Hernandez, on the other hand, is on a three bout winning streak with two of those wins coming over the then-unbeaten 16-0 LaRon Mitchell & the 17-0 Onoriode Ehwarieme.
Both men are much better than their records indicate as Dawejko enters tonight's contest at 19-7-4 & Hernandez at 13-7-2.

Undercard is on now. Prospect White Chocolate Alibibay is getting tested right now.

Free stream on youtube for the undercard fights.

Murats off the card. Rodney Hernandez replaced him for a rematch with Dawejko

Gotcha. Thanks. My bad just bumped it with a copy/paste from BoxingScene schedule.

So this Dawejko guy is rumoured to have KOd Joshua before the Ruiz fight? I guess anyone can be caught but I’m having a hard time believing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back