Mattress Bros GTFIH

If you really wanna sleep "cool."

race-car-bed-alt-640x533.jpg

Had that blue one everyone had in the mid 90s. Was pretty solid.

I just didn't feel like it had the same support as a conventional mattress. Too squishy, and we just kind of sunk down into it. It was also HOT to sleep on. My wife didn't like it either. The new one we got has about a 4 inch thick pillow top with memory foam and we really like it. Good compromise between the two IMO.

But did your memory foam mattress have something like this under it?

https://www.bearmattress.com/products/bear-foundation?variant=34409680782

I can see how you were sinking without something like this. Your response is making me lean towards the hybrid style.

It did have something similar under it but it just wasn't comfortable to me. Felt strange. I love the hybrid we've got now though. Very expensive but it's holding up well.

You got a box spring under your hybrid?

Bros I went with the hybrid bear matress and got the foundation to go with.
Bear-Hybrid-Cross-Section.png

Bear-Hybrid-Mattress-Review-1280x720-2.jpg

pdp-Foundation-Angle.jpg

Can't wait

So I'm in the market for buying a new mattress. It's gonna be memory foam. Idk if I should go with the hybrid style that has the springs with the foam or just the foam.

I'm also a hot sleeper. Does anyone have any experience with these cooling beds that designed to push away heat? Are they really worth it?

Ive been looking at sleep numbers but have read that they sometimes malfunction and won't go back down if you raise the bed. I do own a few tempur-pedic pillows that are great but I wanna try something else.

So far I've been looking at

Casper
Bear
And Purple mattress.

What kind of mattresses does everyone use? All feedback and recommendations are welcomed.

Have a Casper mattress and pillows.

10/10 would recommend.

(Even got the old geezer motorized frame.)

Have a Casper mattress and pillows.

10/10 would recommend.

(Even got the old geezer motorized frame.)

God damn. I almost pulled the trigger on Casper. It was a coin flip tbh.

Bros I went with the hybrid bear matress and got the foundation to go with.
Bear-Hybrid-Cross-Section.png

Bear-Hybrid-Mattress-Review-1280x720-2.jpg
pdp-Foundation-Angle.jpg

Can't wait
That looks really nice. Very similar to what we bought. Please follow up and let us know how it works out for you.

<mma4>

That looks really nice. Very similar to what we bought. Please follow up and let us know how it works out for you.

<mma4>

Oh I will. I seriously can't wait. It looks like it has awesome support. All together I spent 1.3K not too bad. My lower back has been killing me all day so I decided to make the purchase when I got home. It's coming with two free down pillows. I haven't used one of those in forever. Doubt they trump my tempur-pedic pillow but I'll give em a shot.

Oh I will. I seriously can't wait. It looks like it has awesome support. All together I spent 1.3K not too bad. My lower back has been killing me all day so I decided to make the purchase when I got home. It's coming with two free down pillows. I haven't used one of those in forever. Doubt they trump my tempur-pedic pillow but I'll give em a shot.
Down pillows are great if you sleep with two pillows because you can flatten them out. I'm using a down pillow for my bottom pillow and one of those "My Pillow" pillows you see on TV all the time for my top pillow.

Well problem solved. Congrats on your new mattress. I hope you never experience discomfort, or if you have then I hope you never experience it again. Life long comfort, sleeping on clouds, days of bliss.

Well problem solved. Congrats on your new mattress. I hope you never experience discomfort, or if you have then I hope you never experience it again. Life long comfort, sleeping on clouds, days of bliss.

This is probably the most soothing comment I've read on here. I read this in Morgan Freeman voice

Down pillows are great if you sleep with two pillows because you can flatten them out. I'm using a down pillow for my bottom pillow and one of those "My Pillow" pillows you see on TV all the time for my top pillow.

Lmao. I love the name my pillow. I used to work for a company where I could 50% off major brands like yeti and decided to grab my tempur-pedic pillow it was 150 before the discount. Best decision I've made sleep wise. However I hope it gets dethroned by this mattress

Back