Matt Hughes Vs Usman

Usman would run over Hughes like a train.

No, I think Usman would whoop his ass.

Different times.

Maybe if Matt was brought up in this era.

As it stands Usman would wrestlefuck him.

It's be like Usman vs. Tyron, but worse. Like, horrifically worse

train-wreck_o_381339.gif

Hughes, no doubt. Usman struggled struggled with Emil Meek and was wobbled repeatedly by Demian Maia. He would have nothing for a prime Hughes who was Usman with better GNP and subs. Hughes finished 12 of his 16 UFC wins. Usman? 1 of 10.

We've establishes that Usman basically can't finish his opponents, so unless he knocks Hughes out cold with his cotton candy hands, he's going down.

Usman miles better then Hughes on the feet, and just as competent on the ground. 2nd round tko if he's 100%, 50-42 if he's 30%

Usman would pound him behind the barn.

Hughes would beat Usman like he were his dad.

Usman by boring UD. Fight probably gets decided on the feet with Usman outscoring Hughes in a forgettable fight.

I mean the wheelchair might give Hughes and advantage at the start of the match, but once Usman dumps him out of that he's fucked.

It's weird, It's probably the first time in "modern MMA" where i would consider 3 of the current top 5 in the current WW division to be less well rounded than the champ from 12+ years ago.

That's not to say that Usman, Covington or Askren wouldn't get past a prime Hughes with their wrestling alone, it's entirely plausible, but not a sure thing.

Prime Hughes was a far better "MMA fighter" than all three by a country mile. Prime Hughes was a monster.

Back