Matt Hughes Train Lawsuit

WaylonMercy5150

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Don't know if their is a thread on it but Matt and the train company have both put out their statements and allegations.

Matt's Side.
Hughes alleges that the Norfolk Southern Railway ("NS") was negligent by not warning motorists of dangerous conditions at the railway crossing. The facts relate that the train struck the passenger side of Hughes' Chevy Z71 truck at a rail crossing close to his residence in Montgomery County, Illinois. Hughes was knocked out and did not readily revive. But there are no allegations of broken bones or other internal injuries, other than the TBI and related disorders.

According to the lawsuit's allegations, NS did not place appropriate warning signs at the site. Even worse, Hughes alleges that NS knew of the potential danger beforehand and did not act. Furthermore, Hughes stated that he was driving lawfully before the crash. The collision resulted in severe physical damage and a traumatic brain injury.

Norfolk's Side.
The railway believes it is not at fault. NS stated that the crash was Hughes' fault. The company stated that Hughes failed to stop before the crossing. Furthermore, NS states that Hughes did not see the train oncoming and failed to yield the right way. The company goes so far in their rebuttal to state that Hughes "knowingly drove his vehicle onto a railroad grade crossing" and used his cell phone.

If you get hit by a train, I’m naturally assuming it’s your fault.

This. Considering how fucked-up he is since the accident, I assume he's desperate to find any way to get someone else to pay the enormous medical bills he must be facing. Can't really blame him for trying if he's getting broke, but this is going nowhere.

I'm assuming Hughes is the one suing, since the train company suing him would be comically evil.

Without looking too deeply into it I'd say he has no case on the basis that, if we're to believe that Matt wasn't attempting to take his own life, he was trying to beat the train since that was the official story at the time if I'm not mistaken.

I find it hard to not know a train track (that is close to your residence) is unknown to you so much so that you can claim you were hit because of lack of warning...

However, if there are not signs or lights at the crossing, he is correct... even though you should be able to see/hear a train coming your way...

This. Considering how fucked-up he is since the accident, I assume he's desperate to find any way to get someone else to pay the enormous medical bills he must be facing. Can't really blame him for trying if he's getting broke, but this is going nowhere.
Probably hoping they throw a little money at him to get him to go away. It happens all the time and undeserving people get compensated all the time to avoid the hassle and unpredictability of a trial

Are you fucking retarded. Matt Hughes suffered a severe brain injury. Just listen to him talking. He says he has no memory of the incident.

tenor.gif

Back