Media Matt Hughes continues his impressive recovery

What's your thoughts on Mike Tyson or John Jones?
Tyson never hides away from the full scope of what he's done and has activley tried to make things right with alot of people

Jones hasnt even gotten to the point where he has admitted any real wrongdoing, let alone atonement.

Dear God stop teaching body body head

It's the absolute worst thing ever to watch and I'm so glad we're past the era of body-body-head.
What level are those students though?

Nothing wrong with learning it at some point. They can tweak it as they get more advanced

It still blows my mind that Hughes was hit by a train. New fans looking back at old videos will be like "wow what a difference", but to grow up watching him in realtime and then seeing him now still is insane to me.

Not a fan of the guy, but to say his recovery isn't inspiring would be a lie. I do worry about his future though, brain damage like that can lead to serious rage and depression issues.

What level are those students though?

Nothing wrong with learning it at some point. They can tweak it as they get more advanced

c0cef053-7d48-4b37-a6dd-21c3103b4f9f_text.gif

Matt is not a good guy. I don't wish accidents on people, even bad people, but it doesn't make them worthy of praise either. He also beat his wife before and after the accident. Fuck Matt Hughes.

Mike Tyson is definitely a scumbag, great fighter. I don't know who John Jones is, but Jon Jones is also a scumbag, who is also a great fighter.

Pretty easy to delineate skill and character.

Tyson never hides away from the full scope of what he's done and has activley tried to make things right with alot of people

Jones hasnt even gotten to the point where he has admitted any real wrongdoing, let alone atonement.

Just wanted to make sure people are consistent in their hatred.

I met him a few months back, he was super nice to my kid, then insulted my parenting and talked shit about me as a father to my kid. I’ll give him a pass that it was just a bad joke though because he got really red and embarrassed after nobody thought his joke was funny.

Always loved this moment when Matt Serra is telling Matt Hughes about Rich Franklins "one knee" advice. Just seeing Matt and Chuck giggle like school girls is hilarious. Chuck nearly choked to death hahah

didn't this dude attack his wife and brother and then blame it on the train accident
I mean he went through a huge trauma and probably lost it.

No excuse, but I don't know.

He went from an Alpha stud, a literal ufc cage fighting champ to a vegetable

Thats crazy how got by a train
. Seriously fuck trains, and buses, and trucks for that matter.

Parking on the tracks would definitely increase the odds.

Fuck this asshole

indeed.

Agreed, getting hit by a train doesn't erase someone's past as a horrible person.

Yup.

Hey if a shitty human being can inspire someone to be better, then cool, that's good. And presumably a lot of people that see the more recent Hughes content won't know the backstory or things he supposedly did when he was younger

Come on man it was like 30 years ago

There is no statute of limitations on sexual assault.

He is not a good person. That have been clear for many years

That being said: you got to respect that insane level of badass recovery.

Beast

Indeed. On both accounts.

** all of this is assuming the claims circulating about his behavior disclosed in his book are true.

There are a few comments saying the McCorkle review is "trolling" but as far as I can tell it is actually accurate as far as the content but just presented in a humorous manner and of course the specific content mentioned hand picked to highlight the most absurd acts.

Also I feel like this would be so easily debunked if it were in fact fabricated by McCorkle that the fact that it has not been gives it some weight.

The book review/synapses for anyone curious:

So how'd he actually get hit by the train? He try to outrun it?

Rumors are that he parked it there.

The little readily available info:

Supposedly it occurred near his house in an area where he would have known that there was a train crossing.

It occurred shortly after the Zuffa>WME sale which resulted in the termination of Matt Hughes 6 figure "no show" job/salary.

Based on supposed images of the site of the crash (assuming they are accurate)

It is flat ground with no visual obstructions, meaning, not possible he could not have seen it coming.

There are signs warning of the upcoming train crossing.

UFC Hall of Famer Matt Hughes suing train operator over near-fatal crash

Screenshot_20240919_143433_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20240919_143440_Chrome.jpg

Reading all of your comments never ceases to amaze me…I wonder just how angelic all of your lives are that you can sit on the high horses you do with zero empathy and nothing but contempt for some fighters…he wasn’t perfect and his actions (in this case decades ago) weren’t good but that doesn’t make him deserving of your venomous hate forever. Hughes is one of the greatest WW’s of all time and I for one am happy for him that his recovery from such a tragic situation has been progressing as well as it has. Wishing him and his family the best he’s one of the greatest OG’s our dysfunctional sport has ever had.

Yes and also he like let a bunch of kids drown or something, then went and beat up all the local townspeople, also murdered a bunch of piglets and threw them into a fire lol.

from the same source: he once set fire to a children's hospital.

I met him a few months back, he was super nice to my kid, then insulted my parenting and talked shit about me as a father to my kid. I’ll give him a pass that it was just a bad joke though because he got really red and embarrassed after nobody thought his joke was funny.
What did he say?

Back