• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Matt Damon-Great Wall : Flops in the US.

The costume/cgi/practical effects for the characters in Warcraft was pretty good. They did a good job of getting the facial expression and emotions of Thrawl to dovetail with his persona . They screwed up the character rendition/visualization of Medivh. They buggered up by rushing the story-line .

I kind of liked the movie. The characters all looked great and it was overall ok. You could tell they rushed the storyline though like you said.

I actually just have very little interest in monster/action movies. This goes for Godzilla, King Kong, etc.

I heard an interview about how China is increasing its role in Hollywood. Through financing and allowing pro-china films into the country. Basically why this movie was made and why the Chinese space program came to the rescue in The Martian.

They were building cinemas at a rate of 27 screens a day at one point last year.
You listen to the Tony Kornheiser Podcast don't you?

I came in here to post this exact stuff and how certain studios aren't willing to do reshoots to appease Chinese markets. Legendary being a big one who will reshoot/edit.

Also: LA CHEEZERIE!

aren't there only a few white actors in this movie? I know they market Damon and the other cat here, but the vast majority of the cast is Chinese....

Yeah and he was playing a european who went over there.... its not like he was the last samurai or something

Hollywood is basically trying to phase out the Domestic (American) Box Office by doing movies that cater to a different market. China is their #1 priority right now as movies like this and Warcraft can bomb in the states and still be considered a success because of how much money it makes in China.

....he said about a movie made by China studios for US audiences....?

Do you read posts before trying to politicize them?

You listen to the Tony Kornheiser Podcast don't you?

I came in here to post this exact stuff and how certain studios aren't willing to do reshoots to appease Chinese markets. Legendary being a big one who will reshoot/edit.

Also: LA CHEEZERIE!

Don't know what you mean, but we can discuss it over a meal at Chads if you'd like.

in this p.c. day and age, is it smart to cast a white guy as the star of a movie called, "the great wall"?

I'm glad this movie appears to be flopping.

There's some new movies in the works. All Hip Hop related.

in this p.c. day and age, is it smart to cast a white guy as the star of a movie called, "the great wall"?
He's one of the bigger names (if not the biggest) in the movie but he isn't the main hero in the movie. A Chinese woman is.

That movie looked absolutely horrible in the trailers. Im not surprised

I thought the effects looked good but yea you could tell it was one of those movies that was going to be nearly impossible to pull off and look good.

Chinese Cinema has been really, really, really shitty since the 1997 HK Cinema/China merge.

There are no "great" movies, at "most" there are good special effects, these effects have to be high budget, tho, as most of the time the special effects are actually outsourced to American movies. (many american fx studios have china subsidiaries, look at the credits of any American Blockbuster and there will literally be pages of shanghai fx division this, beijng fx division, etc).

Don't know what you mean, but we can discuss it over a meal at Chads if you'd like.
Great to "meet" another little. You've shot up in my favorite poster rankings. I told my wife, next time we go to dc, I need to visit this restaurant called chads, which will soon have a new name and she was less than excited.

I thought the effects looked good but yea you could tell it was one of those movies that was going to be nearly impossible to pull off and look good.
I would have like a good period piece about the wall

Willem Dafoe is in this and he got no promo that's why this movie bombed.

dumb fucks

<Cage33>

Chinese film aesthetic is very different from American.
I don't want to presume but I feel like a country with all that state media control and censorship can't exactly hope for refined and discerning film palates in its citizens.

There's also the fact that I'm sure they have proxies and stream/pirate real movies over there too...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back