Matt Brown vs Laflare, Gastelum, or Nelson

Last night's fight proved (to me anyway) that Brown was not actually over-ranked. He got caught early with a liver kick and nearly finished, but he came back from that to absolutely dismantle his lesser opponent. There was no place Silva was winning the fight after Matt escaped his back mount. And I think Matt taking some steam off his power shots (like what seemed to happen last night) is a good thing, as it will give him more of that Diaz-like style, which seems to suit him.

Part of me says that Brown needs a top-10 ranked wrestler, in order to see how he would handle getting TDs spammed at him, but I'd hate to miss him fight another top-level striker like Condit, Lombard, or Lawler.

Laflare isn't ready for Brown right now, IMO.

People bitch that Matt Brown's yet to fight a top 10 opponent and yet there's threads like this asking him to take steps backward. WTF.

Yep. Plus, I hear Lombard is begging for a fight. Not sure that everyone has him in the top ten, but he should be.

The fight that needs to happen is obviously Brown vs DHK.

Makes no sense. Matt Brown has won now 7 fights in a row but none of those win justifies giving him a titleshot so match him with someone in top-5, not somebody who is in top-15.

Wtf those are young prospects, Brown is close to a title shot he should fight Lombard or Diaz

This thread was made as a joke, to see who would take the bait. Many did, and failed to see the humor. Brown vs Hathaway anyone?

Matt Brown vs Mike Pierce. Both are on the cusp of being true contenders and entering the rankings.

Yep. Plus, I hear Lombard is begging for a fight. Not sure that everyone has him in the top ten, but he should be.

Both brown and lomabrd are were top 10 before last night. Brown was 7 and should be 4-6th now. Lombard is 4th I believe. These are mostly unanimous rankings.

I could see lombard trying to make it a boring fight. Either clinching or trying to ride out top position. I know one thing he wont get to just stand there he better come out with body shot bombs cause lomard aint got shit for brown if brown can keep stalking him

Dude how often has a guy had a 7 fight win streak and not gotten a title shot... Yet you won't even suggest a ranked opponent.

At the very least he deserves a top 5 number one contenders fight

Alves had a 7 fight win streak then he got the shot. Fitch had a 8 win streak I believe, including ranked opponents. Gray Maynard had 8 fight win streak before fighting Edgar. All have something in common, they lost their title fight.

Wtf those are young prospects, Brown is close to a title shot he should fight Lombard or Diaz

There are examples of guys getting title shots for far less than what Brown has accomplished, 7 straight wins with 6 KO's. If everyone wants to continue to see him fight another guy....then another guy...then another guy....he will lose eventually and never get a title shot.

If you are a Brown fan, you should be hoping for a title shot...and immediately. At the most give him a contender fight so he fights once more and if he wins just give him the damn title shot. He will either win or lose and that will be that.

Both brown and lomabrd are were top 10 before last night. Brown was 7 and should be 4-6th now. Lombard is 4th I believe. These are mostly unanimous rankings.

I could see lombard trying to make it a boring fight. Either clinching or trying to ride out top position. I know one thing he wont get to just stand there he better come out with body shot bombs cause lomard aint got shit for brown if brown can keep stalking him

Brown turned that fight last night into a street fight. That's what it felt like from the beginning. I don't know how long he can go on like that but he does stalk his opponent relentlessly.

There are examples of guys getting title shots for far less than what Brown has accomplished, 7 straight wins with 6 KO's. If everyone wants to continue to see him fight another guy....then another guy...then another guy....he will lose eventually and never get a title shot.

If you are a Brown fan, you should be hoping for a title shot...and immediately. At the most give him a contender fight so he fights once more and if he wins just give him the damn title shot. He will either win or lose and that will be that.

He should have to beat a ranked opponent to get a TS. But hey he got his top ten ranking without a top ten win so who am I to say that he should earn his shot?

He should have to beat a ranked opponent to get a TS. But hey he got his top ten ranking without a top ten win so who am I to say that he should earn his shot?

Matt Brown is the Michael Bisping of welterweights. And he is every bit as vocal about his title shot. I like Bisping and Brown though.

Matt Brown is the Michael Bisping of welterweights. And he is every bit as vocal about his title shot. I like Bisping and Brown though.

Except the part where Bisping couldn't KO a toddler and Brown has KO'ed 6 of his last 7 opponents.

That's a good way of putting it. Except brown is way more exciting than Bisping, that's the only thing that might net him a title shot.

I realize this match up doesn't make sense, but Gunner beats Brown 9\10 times.

Except the part where Bisping couldn't KO a toddler and Brown has KO'ed 6 of his last 7 opponents.

Browne TKO's his opponents which is different than KO. Bisping was known as a finisher in the early days when he fought Rashad. He at least TKO'd Rivera and Miller afterwards.

When Matt fights guys like Vitor, Dan Henderson, and Sonnen then he can say he had a career like Michael Bisping.

Back