Matt Brown vs Laflare, Gastelum, or Nelson

Sigoff2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Matt Brown can set a UFC record for most consecutive wins without a title shot, thus beating Jon Fitch. Brown, La Flare, Gastelum, and Gunnar Nelson are all exciting welterweight fighters on hot streaks at the moment.

Yes let him fight Gunni so the hype can end, and another can begin, but this time for a fighter who actually has a shot at climbing to the top.

Fighting La Flare would be an easy way to make a Matt Brown fight boring.

Why are threads popping up suggesting Matt Brown goes backwards in his career after a big win

Those guys dont deserve to fight Brown at the current moment. Not saying they have no chance but he should fight a MUCH higher ranked fighter. Considering he has 7 straight wins and has finished guys who are not accustomed to being finished.

Fuck that, Brown vs Lombard for a title shot makes the most sense to me. Or if Nick Diaz does eventually come back, Brown would be a good opponent. Even a rematch with DHK makes more sense to me. Point is, Brown showed he's ready for a much higher caliber of opponent.
While a fight against Gastelum or Nelson would be cool (get Laflare outta here), Brown needs a higher ranked opponent for his next fight. Keep in mind he was slated to fight Condit for his previous fight.

After last night, Nelson will finish brown no doubt. Gastelum would be fun. Laflare would be boring...

For god's sake, give the man a ranked opponent

Fuck that noise, he has won 7 straight, KO'ing 6 of the 7. Give him a title shot and lets be done with it. He either becomes champ or goes back in the waiting line.

Fuck that, Brown vs Lombard for a title shot makes the most sense to me. Or if Nick Diaz does eventually come back, Brown would be a good opponent. Even a rematch with DHK makes more sense to me. Point is, Brown showed he's ready for a much higher caliber of opponent.
While a fight against Gastelum or Nelson would be cool (get Laflare outta here), Brown needs a higher ranked opponent for his next fight. Keep in mind he was slated to fight Condit for his previous fight.

Brown vs Lombard would be an inhumanely violent fight, the Just Bleed god would be pleased.

After Matt Brown beats one of those three, he can fight Wonderboy Thompson or Rick Story. Whatever welterweight opponent looks tough at the moment.

Don't waste Browns time with guys ranked below him in the division.

Just said this in another thread, but Brown fighting anyone ranked lower than #5 is completely absurd. He isn't out of the running for a title shot either, but it depends on how the rest of the division plays out.

If Brown is able to get past those opponents. He should move on to Thiago Alves. Would be a big step up for him in competition.

People bitch that Matt Brown's yet to fight a top 10 opponent and yet there's threads like this asking him to take steps backward. WTF.

Doesn't make sense for brown to fight someone ranked lower than himself right now, but I do think Gunni would beat him. I haven't seen enough of the other two to make a pick.

Brown should then face Martin Kampmann after a long and successful career. Then Retirement.

Matt Brown can set a UFC record for most consecutive wins without a title shot, thus beating Jon Fitch. Brown, La Flare, Gastelum, and Gunnar Nelson are all exciting welterweight fighters on hot streaks at the moment.

I don't want to see any of those right now. Borwn needs a top ten opponent.

Back