Matt Brown vs. Hector Lombard Would Make A Great FOX Main Event

I definitely agree with you but Matt Brown deserves this kind of step up at this point regardless of how badly he could possibly be outclassed.

Well sure, but Lombard should be fighting for the title next, not fighting Matt Brown.

Well sure, but Lombard should be fighting for the title next, not fighting Matt Brown.

Jake Shields was a good win but Hector doesn't deserve a title shot with what's he's accomplished at 170 so far. One more and he's there though.

I don't know about the Boestsch/Okami fights, but I don't recall him gassing the Shields fight. He "gasses" in 3 fights (out of 40) and he has shit cardio?

Those were 3 of his most recent fights that didn't end in the first round. I'm just showing his history, but Lombard has always been a sprinter, not a marathon runner. Bloodyelbow has a decent article about it as well, its got a lot to do with his body type and the amount of weight he cuts. Brown has a good tank, easily better then lombard's, and him wearing lombard out hypothetically in a fight is possible.

As for shields, after the first round, there were long periods in that fight of inactivity where it could be seen he was catching his breath either not engaging or being inactive in shields guard. Just because he wasn't stumbling around like a zombie doesn't mean he had a full tank. Lombard is and always has been his most dangerous at the beggining of the fight, and other fighters have found way more success against him by bringing him into deep waters.

Those were 3 of his most recent fights that didn't end in the first round. I'm just showing his history, but Lombard has always been a sprinter, not a marathon runner. Bloodyelbow has a decent article about it as well, its got a lot to do with his body type and the amount of weight he cuts. Brown has a good tank, easily better then lombard's, and him wearing lombard out hypothetically in a fight is possible.

As for shields, after the first round, there were long periods in that fight of inactivity where it could be seen he was catching his breath either not engaging or being inactive in shields guard. Just because he wasn't stumbling around like a zombie doesn't mean he had a full tank. Lombard is and always has been his most dangerous at the beggining of the fight, and other fighters have found way more success against him by bringing him into deep waters.

Fair enough, then.

This is the fight I wanted for Lombard .

I'd rather not see these 2 fight unless it was for the belt.Lombard,Brown,Lawler all day at ww.

I see Lombard dominating Browne but Browne is on a tear and he could prove me wrong and if he does indeed beat Lombard, he should get the title shot for sure.

Brown deserves a big fight but i'm still not convinced. Silva has flattered but fallen short too often. Can't see him beating Lombard or any other of the top tier guys.

I cant decide on who is more overrated...it would be fun to watch though....

I think Hector would be too much, he's never been stopped and is packing way more heat than anyone Matt's fought before.

Would be a wicked scrap though.

how Lombard is overrated is incredible. Lombard could have his moment early, has a chance of scoring an early knockout but that's about as far as it gets. Brown would destroy Lombard like nobody has ever seen Lombard get destroyed.

I wouldn't have anything against the fight, but seriously anybody who thinks Brown has anything for Lombard is delusional.

yes!

c'mon hector forget about patrick cote

go for matt brown if you want to get closer to a title shot

Back