Matt Brown vs. Hector Lombard Would Make A Great FOX Main Event

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Would be an amazingly quick turnaround for Matt Brown after that brawl, but it's an exciting fight, winner would definitely be in line for a title fight, and no chance it isn't fireworks. It likely isn't possible due to Brown recently fighting but do you think this is a worthy main event for a FOX card? Would love it to be in San Jose, since I'll be attending.

Would be fun while it lasted.

Hector TKO after a fun 4 minutes.

Matt would get hurt to the body, weather the early storm for Hectors lack of GnP and then overwhelm Lombard.
Pretty much like every other Matt Brown fight.

Ufc needs to make that one happen.

With that said Hector brutally stops Brown.

lombard gets paid too much to be free

Matt would get hurt to the body, weather the early storm for Hectors lack of GnP and then overwhelm Lombard.
Pretty much like every other Matt Brown fight.

I think Hector would be too much, he's never been stopped and is packing way more heat than anyone Matt's fought before.

Would be a wicked scrap though.

I think Hector would be too much, he's never been stopped and is packing way more heat than anyone Matt's fought before.

Would be a wicked scrap though.
Even if Hector hurts Brown, he doesnt have the GnP to finish him for sure. He would have to put him out on the feet which wouldnt happen/

As much as I like Matt Brown I don't think his style is going to work against Woodley or Lombard.

Brown v Diaz would be perfect

But Diaz won't fight on a free card

Lombard's gas tank is at the same level of Silva's. Brown can weather the first round storm and once it gets to the second its his fight, I think brown can wear Lombard out

Lombard would put him in a coma. Some of you are deluded beyond belief.

Based on what?

Boestch, okami and shields fights showed that Lombard has strong first round pace then visibly slows down afterwards once the fight progresses, so its not like he doesn't have a history of a bad gas tank

Lombard would put him in a coma. Some of you are deluded beyond belief.

I definitely agree with you but Matt Brown deserves this kind of step up at this point regardless of how badly he could possibly be outclassed.

Boestch, okami and shields fights showed that Lombard has strong first round pace then visibly slows down afterwards once the fight progresses, so its not like he doesn't have a history of a bad gas tank

I don't know about the Boestsch/Okami fights, but I don't recall him gassing the Shields fight. He "gasses" in 3 fights (out of 40) and he has shit cardio?

Back