Matt Brown makes the same amount as before Reebok deal

IF you are going to play the part of foil it would help if you made your point to them showing them your work on the shirts. Anything less is just upping your post count.

Which you mostly put time into your responses but not citing your evidence is faulty especially since you do have it at least what you shared in the Reebok deal thread.

Matt Brown is in a position to be established enough through his previous fight history to keep sponsors thanks to positive relationships built from back when the company was making walkout shirts, banners, and so forth. Newer fighters (less established or brand new) are less likely to keep previous sponsors as their biggest bargaining chip was the fact the sponsor would be seen come fight-time. Without that, their chip is essentially "People will hopefully remember me from the event, and so will start following me on social media, and I'll give you a push through advertising post-hoc". It shouldn't surprise you that the interest in paying for that is lower than having the assured commercialized clothing on a showcase.

As said before, Matt Brown is in a fortuitous position. And if you have a really really hard time believing that fighters are missing out on payment, try asking them. I know I've talked to quite a few here. Most are losing out. Others are smart enough businessmen (or have smart enough managers they pay for) and maintain a somewhat reasonable pay via sponsors.

I think it's important Sherdoggers and fans understand that not everyone is being outright destroyed by the Reebok deal. I think it's important to understand the Reebok deal COULD improve the quality of pay for fighters down the road via stronger corporate sponsors. I think it is equally important to note that the deal appears to have been rushed and it's caused a bit of a headache in the short term. Doesn't mean it's the devil;

Last edited:
Matt Brown is in a position to be established enough through his previous fight history to keep sponsors thanks to positive relationships built from back when the company was making walkout shirts, banners, and so forth. Newer fighters (less established or brand new) are less likely to keep previous sponsors as their biggest bargaining chip was the fact the sponsor would be seen come fight-time. Without that, their chip is essentially "People will hopefully remember me from the event, and so will start following me on social media, and I'll give you a push through advertising post-hoc". It shouldn't surprise you that the interest in paying for that is lower than having the assured commercialized clothing on a showcase.

As said before, Matt Brown is in a fortuitous position. And if you have a really really hard time believing that fighters are missing out on payment, try asking them. I know I've talked to quite a few here. Most are losing out. Others are smart enough businessmen (or have smart enough managers they pay for) and maintain a somewhat reasonable pay via sponsors.

I think it's important Sherdoggers and fans understand that not everyone is being outright destroyed by the Reebok deal. I think it's important to understand the Reebok deal COULD improve the quality of pay for fighters down the road via stronger corporate sponsors. I think it is equally important to note that the deal appears to have been rushed and it's caused a bit of a headache in the short term. Doesn't mean it's the devil;

can confirm, am friends with matt brown on linkedin

can confirm, am friends with matt brown on linkedin

When you get out of your grandma's basement, maybe you can get a job working with fighters or in the fight industry too. :icon_idea I swear man, you guys have such a hard time wrapping your head around the fact this industry isn't isolated.... you can work in it AND post 50,000 times a year on Sherdog. It's not magic.

When you get out of your grandma's basement, maybe you can get a job working with fighters or in the fight industry too. :icon_idea I swear man, you guys have such a hard time wrapping your head around the fact this industry isn't isolated.... you can work in it AND post 50,000 times a year on Sherdog. It's not magic.

if workin in the industry means associating myself with self-important jive turkeys like yourself then I'd rather take a welfare check and hang out underground with nana's nesting dolls

He has like 20 ufc fights. That's not a usual case in the ufc. That means that he's on the upper pay scale, a pay scale that very few fighters are on. It also means that the highest pay scale that reebok offers merely equates to average sponsorship money that any fighter could have gotten before.

if workin in the industry means associating myself with self-important jive turkeys like yourself then I'd rather take a welfare check and hang out underground with nana's nesting dolls

The usual retort for someone who hasn't accomplished much. "I didn't succeed because I dislike people like you" :rolleyes: I'm going to guess an Anthropology degree.

Matt is a nonstandard case, and a hell of a fighter. He's not the norm in these issues.

Mate is that miles guy a big shot manager or something?

On a side note, how many post fight bonuses has Brown earned?

Back