Matt Brown makes the same amount as before Reebok deal

pincmil

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Same amount in sponsorship. 40 seconds into this he mentions about Reebok.

[YT]DDcKLL3zNRE[/YT]

Still doesn't really sound like a good thing

He's about to make 20k from Reebok.

And it looks like his contract got adjusted before the Lawler fight, increased by 5k/5k

Last edited:
I doubt sponsors were beating down his door, not the most marketable guy.

Yes I am sure they spent a lot of time figuring out the payouts from this deal so that you had to 'get lucky' to not lose money...... ya ok.

I believe the previous poster meant Brown is in a fortuitous and nonstandard situation in regards to fighters and pay. He has longstanding relationships due to being in the UFC fold a long time and building a positive relationships with companies more willing to continue to pay him for "outside fight week sponsorship". This position in non-standard for the vast majority of fighters that are (or will be) in the UFC. Gleison Tibau, Patrick Cote, Rashad Evans, Lyoto Machida, are others that may fit into this small category of fighters that can float sponsors outside of fight week... but only due to their previous relationships with companies.

I believe the previous poster meant Brown is in a fortuitous and nonstandard situation in regards to fighters and pay. He has longstanding relationships due to being in the UFC fold a long time and building a positive relationships with companies more willing to continue to pay him for "outside fight week sponsorship". This position in non-standard for the vast majority of fighters that are (or will be) in the UFC. Gleison Tibau, Patrick Cote, Rashad Evans, Lyoto Machida, are others that may fit into this small category of fighters that can float sponsors outside of fight week... but only due to their previous relationships with companies.

Non standard? That is 100% speculative. You don't know if the majority of fighters make less from this deal.

I haven't heard a single fighter claim to make more after the Reebok deal. Kind of sad when breaking even us considered good

matt brown says that the reebok deal doesn't effect him and that he doesn't lose money. that doesn't mean that the only sponsorship money he receives is the $15,000 per fight he gets from reekbok. he could have year round sponsors and doesn't rely on getting sponsors on a per fight basis.

there's been a few fighters that have come out said that they didn't lose money over the deal and still get their previous sponsorship money because they work year round to promote their sponsors no matter if they are fighting or not.

the only fighter i've heard that has said that he's actually gets more money from this deal is scott jorgensen.

Matt Brown has also been in the UFC for a long time, has only fought in the UFC since like 2008

I actually do. So it's 0% speculation.

IF you are going to play the part of foil it would help if you made your point to them showing them your work on the shirts. Anything less is just upping your post count.

Which you mostly put time into your responses but not citing your evidence is faulty especially since you do have it at least what you shared in the Reebok deal thread.

Sigh, the majority of fighters are going to be better off under reebok. Of course many of them are too stupid to realize it.

yeah earning the same via reebok means he was left out before... Not a good thing....

Back