Rumored Masvidal vs Covington Targeted for February (Fake News So Far)

Journeyman george will again be exposed for the third rate fighter that he is

I like being at my home in my underwear shouting "You Suck" when Colby walks in to Kurt Angle's music.

Couple Trumpies going at it.

Hate to see it!

Getting emotional about MMA is gonna be tough, unless you personally know the fighter (even so.)
Getting emotional because they both support 1 of the 2 candidates that ran in the general election, is.... I'm not quite sure what the word is.

Hopefully that's Ariel is putting that out there with Dana's blessing. We know how it goes for Ariel when he reports something before Dana gives him the wink-wink.
0ggfFA8.gif

Jorge showed really good TDD vs Usman. He's going to be very dangerous for about 2 rounds. But if he can't get Colby out of there by the 3rd, I think the advantage is with Colby. Should be a very fun fight.

We're talking 3 rounds or 5? Because I could definitely see Masvidal landing bigger shots in 1 & 2 while Colby controls the third and maybe squeaks by with a 29-28.

Colby definitely doesn't want to stand and trade with Masvidal, though. So my guess is it comes down to the number of rounds, and the size of the octagon to determine who wins the decision.

I'm about as far as one could get from being a Covington fan, but I don't see this ending well for Jorge. (Damn painful to admit)

Oh no doubt but seemed an apt play on the scenario, perhaps I should have tossed a ? at the end.

Either way hope they both bring some fun to the encounter.
It should be a good fight, I'm sure both are very aware of each others fighting style, techniques, patterns, tells, etc.

It should be a good fight, I'm sure both are very aware of each others fighting style, techniques, patterns, tells, etc.

Considering their past training and what at least Colby said in segments will be interesting to see if he backs it up.

Jorge about to look like a journeyman

Ain't gonna happen. Don't fool yourself, brothers.

Gotta think this is a main event with how big a star Jorge has become and how much bad blood this fight has. Probably a title eliminator too.
I dunno. His star power probably faded as quickly as it came. Even hardcore fans seem to only remember last fights, and he looked very average against Usman.

There's no shame in losing to him, but I just can't see how he gets a rematch so quickly when the fight was 0% competitive. Covington rightly deserves the rematch if he wins and the rematch would sell as amazingly as these two usually boring fighters brought out the best in each other, and the fight was competitive.

Colby will likely win a decision but don't count Jorge out.

Colby is not Usman.

Back