Masvidal ruined his moment

Again, how does he get there? Hed have to fly in and go thru the testing. I don't think its that easy.

He managed to go from a fan favorite to a guy considered a ducker and complainer in 5 seconds
The way the sport is being run with the Evil Mouse involved is you have to create a character. It's the Mickey Mousification of sports. So Masvidal got paid a boatload to beat Nate and now he couldn't make enough to sign up against Usman. The BMF title means nothing to me I just want to see the best fight the best. Masvidal is a very good fighter but he's turning into a diva. I blame it on.....
upload_2020-7-4_16-48-7.jpeg

Masvidal has his own liquor brand and a popular youtube channel. He doesn't need to fight.

No he doesn't. He has a small stake in the in the brand and is basically their brand ambassador.

The brand is owned by a spirit company based in Mexico called Casa Armando Guillermo Prieto.

Yeah that sounds like Dana :)
But there’s still the possibility of getting it in the future, or a crazy fight like Conor, or maybe a returning Nick Diaz (unlikely, but I can dream). I think it’s too early to say that Masvidal missed his moment.

@BFoe I can't even begin to guess how this one goes if Dana tries to salvage or just concentrates on what he has and moves forward? I would say Colby would be in closer fighting shape to 170 than Masvidal but that's just a guess I'm going by known appearance. Them tweeting about they'll be the step-in puts themselves over a barrel if Dana says OK to either and then they squabble about money then they b!tch themselves backing out, remember Dana's talk about "opportunity" and no bigger opportunity than this moment.

But all this can be mute since from what I'm hearing Usman has not even boarded a flight I don't know what the time difference is but you would think getting to Abu Dhabi asap to get acclimated to weather and time is a big thing for a fighter or any professional sportster. Any Usman/Burns fight will be off the table for some time until Burns fully recovers or system cleared of COVID.

I don't envy Dana at this moment a lot of money, time, & planning must have went into making Fight Island real and to have your #1 headliner fall apart like that would make you wanna pull your hair out (Sorry scratch that hair part analogy, it's Dana)

Last edited:
I wonder if they stacked the card because they figured it’d be a good chance that a few fights would be dropped from positive tests.

July PPV is always huge. International fight week, hall of fame induction, etc

LOL the fight seems like it's happening.

Masvidal is most definitely getting paid more than he would have now, and all the shertards who said he should've took the payout look stupid.

Always happy when a fighter gets a W over a Promotion Notoriously bad w/ pay.

Masvidal is getting the big Payday he was dreaming of. Coming in to save the biggest card of the year on a weeks notice.

lol everybody looks dumb for trashing this guy, one of the biggest W's I've ever seen.
Link?

He created a character, a persona, and the character swallowed him.
Him showing up at fight night dressed in a robe like Ru Paul, selling tequila.... all very cheap and lame.
He had a very good 2019, but that´s about it.

images

fighters fight is simple, just Divas,stars and that shit makes sweet ass.

Why are you citing a fictional character? Balboa isn't a real person and Stallone isn't a fighter, he's just an actor who pretended to be one on film.

Is he actually the first UFC fighter to turn down a title shot because he wanted more money (while also never fought for the belt previously) ?

images

fighters fight is simple, just Divas,stars and that shit makes sweet ass.

Masvidal is good to start fighting or retire ...

a real fighter doesn't care, he faces any opponent and style.

only pussies choose easy styles.

A fictional boxer word carries more weight with you, than an actual fighter's word and history?
<21>

Back