Masvidal, Feijao, OSP & War master NOT in the UFC?

Yeah there's an article on Junkie with him saying it would take the right deal to get him exclusively.

Since he got 250,000 in a non exclusive deal I'm not sure it's looking too good. Especially given his past but he does seem like he believes there's a decent chance a deal could be made.

Which is really part of Strikeforce's contractual issues and a hint why the company eventually went kerdoodle. 175 for guys like Lawler and 250 for Barnett.

I have no idea how ZUFFA contracts work (or Bellator contacts either for that matter) but you'd hope some incentives based things might grease the wheels for a deal a bit for him. Maybe allow him a select amount of dates to do pro wrestling a year similar to Fedor's alleged Sambo deal?

It appears Jorge Masvidal, Rafael Cavalcante, Ovince St. Preux and Josh Barnett wont be offered UFC contracts from all reports, right? Everybody cool with that? Personally, I feel each should be offered UFC fights. They are of the current UFC caliber IMO. Heck, Barnett is a top 5-7 HW right now. Thoughts?

what is your source? UFC tonight? helwani? another MMA site? please do tell.

As many others have said, the list already out are confirmed fighters so far. Best believe the rest of the guys are being talked to...that said I am sure a few guys wont end up coming over either by choice or other.

Which is really part of Strikeforce's contractual issues and a hint why the company eventually went kerdoodle. 175 for guys like Lawler and 250 for Barnett.

I have no idea how ZUFFA contracts work (or Bellator contacts either for that matter) but you'd hope some incentives based things might grease the wheels for a deal a bit for him. Maybe allow him a select amount of dates to do pro wrestling a year similar to Fedor's alleged Sambo deal?

dude it had nothing to do with that. the former owner of strikeforce was making so much money he wanted to share around the wealth :redface:

1.1 million fighter payout with a 132K gate, even if you factor in a 500-700K showtime payment, this event still burned huge cash.

dude it had nothing to do with that. the former owner of strikeforce was making so much money he wanted to share around the wealth :redface:

1.1 million fighter payout with a 132K gate, even if you factor in a 500-700K showtime payment, this event still burned huge cash.

Some shows it was absurd how bad they were getting killed. I think the last Rousey show it was pretty rough. I think Jacare made 95K while the gate was in the low 100K range. Nutso.

Josh Thompson is already here :D

oh_stop_it__you_gif_by_saiyen_girl-d5df9of.png

Really hope Feijao comes over so many good fights for him in the UFC

Some shows it was absurd how bad they were getting killed. I think the last Rousey show it was pretty rough. I think Jacare made 95K while the gate was in the low 100K range. Nutso.

lets not even mention the fedor vs hendo show. the reported (by the press) payouts for fedor was 1.5 million, and hendo was 800K.

so 2.3 million before you even talk about others on that card.

I'd like to see rampage for king mo. The fight sells itself.

Barnett probably wants far more than what he's worth (in ZUFFA's eyes) to give up his once a year pro wrestling sched.

your probably right, didn't he make like 250k for his last fight? thats like UFC champs pay.

Masvidal is a well-rounded, experienced guy who can be a nice addition to UFC. He already was in Bellator, remember:

0.jpg

I'm not impressed with OSP's performances in Strikeforce, but he's young, and the rapidly aging/retiring community that is UFC's LHW division is always in need of new blood.

Feijao is still suspended from his failed drug test, so perhaps UFC is waiting until he's done to make an offer. Like OSP, he would be a welcome addition to the LHW division.

Barnett may be too expensive and too risky (due to his prior problems with drug tests and NSAC) for UFC. They may want to save their money for other, less risky opportunities.

theres a good chance they dont want to negotiate with Feijao unstill his suspension is up, not sure about OSP

I don't know how you could say that. Ariel Helwani specifically stated that the list was incomplete and there would likely be more to come.

Btw Feijao is fighting for the Ufc in April. this is according to the man himself.

I would not let a man with the name War Master into the UFC.

Back