Masvidal, Feijao, OSP & War master NOT in the UFC?

Neck Crank

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
It appears Jorge Masvidal, Rafael Cavalcante, Ovince St. Preux and Josh Barnett wont be offered UFC contracts from all reports, right? Everybody cool with that? Personally, I feel each should be offered UFC fights. They are of the current UFC caliber IMO. Heck, Barnett is a top 5-7 HW right now. Thoughts?

The list that came out were the guys who were confirmed, doesnt mean thats it.

Plus I saw someone post a video with Feijao saying he is looking to makes his UFC debut in April or something, so when his suspension is up he will come over.

I expect Masvidal to come over as well. OSP I'm not sure.

Barnett hasnt even started to negotiate a new deal with UFC so thats gonna take time.

Plus I dont think UFC is willing to pay him 250k a fight.

All of them are at least UFC caliber, but some of them do have problems. Feijoa is suspended for steroids and Barnett has had past troubles with the UFC. I don't think Dana really wants to pay the price tag for a guy like that who, realistically, isn't going to be able to challenge the top tier heavyweights. Masvidal and osp are kind of headscratchers though, considering they brought over Derek Brunson. I guess they figure masvidal would be too much money in an already stacked lw division, and that osp just isn't that good. Or they don't want Goldie calling him GSP every time he fights.

I don't know why anyone would think they aren't going to bring over Masvidal, OSP and Feijao at some point.

I hope they bring Josh but both parties seems a little resistant.

Do people not read the full articles? They clearly state that they will have more announcements later on.

Love Masvidal. Guy is exciting. What he did to KJ Noons was awesome. I hope they eventually grab him up.

I don't know why anyone would think they aren't going to bring over Masvidal, OSP and Feijao at some point.

I hope they bring Josh but both parties seems a little resistant.

This. People take one list that was just the guys they could confirm right now and everyone thinks thats it.

Feijao and masvidal def will be brought over, OSP i'm not sure but probably.

Barnett is gonna be the one guy who might not come over and thats because he will want a big contract and I dont think the UFC thinks he is worth it.

Barnett is no surprise at all. Feijao will probably be over when his suspension is up. The others will probably come over in due time

it would be criminal to not allow josh barnett back. I don't care if he got popped for PEDS a bunch, he wouldn't be the only known PED user in the UFC by a long shot.

Masvidal is an exciting fighter who always brings a scrap. I think he'll make his way over. Feijao... I'm sure they are just waiting for his suspension to end. On the fence on OSP, he's got talent for sure... just not sure he's ready for the UFC yet.

Barnett... I have no clue. Guess it depends on how much Dana holds a grudge and how much $$$ Barnett asks for.

I'm curious where Barnett is going to end up. It does not seem that the ufc wants him back that bad and I believe I read that Bellator also is not that interested. I would like to see him in the ufc however, just as i'd like to see Cavalcante as well.

it would be criminal to not allow josh barnett back. I don't care if he got popped for PEDS a bunch, he wouldn't be the only known PED user in the UFC by a long shot.

Barnett probably wants far more than what he's worth (in ZUFFA's eyes) to give up his once a year pro wrestling sched.

Barnett probably wants far more than what he's worth (in ZUFFA's eyes) to give up his once a year pro wrestling sched.

Yeah there's an article on Junkie with him saying it would take the right deal to get him exclusively.

Since he got 250,000 in a non exclusive deal I'm not sure it's looking too good. Especially given his past but he does seem like he believes there's a decent chance a deal could be made.

OSP and Warmeister should be good additions.
I dunno about Feij

Back