Masvidal defeating Usman - this is bigger than a measly Belt

He made the reigning LW-champ look like an amateur the UFC had just picked up from the street. No one has defeated Eddie Alvarez like that before or since.
He got the featherweight belt by beating Holloway, Poirier, Mendes and Aldo etc... not an easy feat. What are you talking about?
but who did he defend against?

no one? thats right,

and khabib beat his ass like he was an amateur bum.

But it's true Conor Mcgregor does not deserve the next title shot. Justin gaethje is by default. He didn't even fight Cowboy at 155.

Hell I'd cheer Conor on if he did beat justin gaethje or Usman.

Gaethje is 3-3 at LW in the UFC and is 3-2 in his last 5 fights. He was finished by Alvarez and Porier (whom McGregor defeated) and has beaten James Vick, Edson Barboza, and Donald Cerrone.

Does Gaethje even really have a top 5 win? I guess Barboza was arguably but he was 1-2 in his last 3 fights prior to facing Justin Gaethje. Barboza is 1-4 in his last 5 fights with a lone win over Dan Hooker.

So no. I don't buy this narrative. I think it's just cause' Gaethje is a fan favorite and a hardcore favorite and everyone wants to push back on the mostly legit b.s. line-cutting that McGregor will get away with and lack of pure meritocracy. Well life ain't fair and McGregor pulls 2 mil ppv buys easy and no one even knows who Gaethje is. On top of this the merit part isn't even much of a problem, McGregor has a way better resume' and just starched the 2nd best win Gaethje has in his last 5 fights (3 wins).

This fight is for the spirit of MMA.

Can we get Keith David in here?

He doesn't deserve to fight for anyone's title after getting dominated in his last LW fight and winning one over a shot guy at WW. He should be fighting Gaethje or the loser of Masvidal/Usman, depending on which division he wants to fight in. Even if he somehow won a title fight, does anybody really want a guy with a history of leaving divisions instead of defending to just do it again and mess up another division?

Not sure how it would mess up a division when two guys could simply fight for a vacant belt if he retired or left in theory. We're not playing by the rules with McGregor we should all know that, he's the biggest star on roster by far and gets special treatment. Even then his case is still relatively legit.

But this is why I say that: "winning one over a shot guy..." Oh the same guy who Gaehtje beat 4 months prior all of a sudden was washed up when McGregor fought him and he didn't have to cut weight? Seems a bit inaccurate.

That's Gaehtje's 2nd best win in his last 5 fights. He's 3-2 in his last 5, being finished by Porier and Alvarez and then going on to beat James VIck - who sucks, Edson Barboza, and Donald Cerrone.

So I went and looked it up actually: Vick was ranked 10th, Barboza was ranked 6th, and Cerrone was ranked 4th.

That's funny, so the only top 5 ranked opponent was Cerrone. And McGregor beat him in 40 seconds, 4 months later.

Now I think the rankings are trash half the time sure, but we know VIck isn't that good, Barboza is pretty good but a gatekeeper to the elite, and Cerrone is a top 10 guy or so but shouldn't really be considered elite or top 4-5. Point being here is that McGregor and Gaethje have a mutual victory over the highest ranked guy, recently. Being at WW is irrelevant, let's not be childish...obviously both guys could have made 155 easily. If anything that gave Cerrone the advantage.

What’s going on is tony and mas are no brainer challengers for the champs.

Anybody else see what's going on here? The UFC is banking on Tony or Masvidal winning that gold, since there's no chance in hell Khabib or Usman accepts that fight against a dangerous Mcgregor, claiming he's 'undeserving'.

With a victory over Usman, Masvidal guarantees himself a multi-million dollar payday against Mcgregor for both belts.

This is do or die for George Masvidal.

More like the UFC is banking on Tony or Masvidal winning because there is little chance of Conor beating either Khabib or Usman.

but who did he defend against?

no one? thats right,

and khabib beat his ass like he was an amateur bum.

Khabib put a beating on him, that is true. Styles makes fights, Khabib as a monster wrestler is a bad matchup for Conor. But Conor losing to Khabib (which I very much anticipated) doesnt mean that Conor isn't a great fighter. Conor is a phenomenal striker (perhaps the greatest striker in MMA today), but he has shown some weaknesses. Diaz was a hard matchup for Conor largely because the "Frankenstein"-level chin that Diaz has, aswell has the pressure and cardio. But not many fighters in the lightweight- or the welterweight divisions has the chin and the stamina of a Diaz.

Khabib put a beating on him, that is true. Styles makes fights, Khabib as a monster wrestler is a bad matchup for Conor. But Conor losing to Khabib (which I very much anticipated) doesnt mean that Conor isn't a great fighter. Conor is a phenomenal striker (perhaps the greatest striker in MMA today), but he has shown some weaknesses. Diaz was a hard matchup for Conor largely because the "Frankenstein"-level chin that Diaz has, aswell has the pressure and cardio. But not many fighters in the lightweight- or the welterweight divisions has the chin and the stamina of a Diaz.
Conor sucks. Mendes with a 4 week training camp smashes him (he only had two weeks).

mas, Usman, khabib, Tony all kill conor.

Calling the first ever double champ in UFC history a "can" should be worthy of a yellow card (maybe double yellow), I hope the mods are watching.
Saying Khabib, who left Conor lying in a puddle of him own blood and urine last time they fought, is too scared to fight him, like the ts said, should be an instant ban.

Conor sucks. Mendes with a 4 week training camp smashes him (he only had two weeks).

mas, Usman, khabib, Tony all kill conor.

Mendes was informed that he was the potential standin five week prior to the fight, he didnt have a 2 weeks camp. Usman and Khabib are bad matchups for Conor i agree. Mas and Tony are both winnable fights for Conor. Mas is not a wrestler nor a huge welterweight. His striking is good but not close to the level of Conors, he almost lost a virtually pure boxing matchup vs Ross Pearson a couple of years ago. Mas may win through toughness and cardio tho if he survives the early onslaught. Tony gets knocked down in every other fight he is in, sure he hasn't been KO'd yet but he also hasn't fought a striker remotely close Conor, maybe he would weather it out or maybe he wouldn't.

Last edited:
Anybody else see what's going on here? The UFC is banking on Tony or Masvidal winning that gold, since there's no chance in hell Khabib or Usman accepts that fight against a dangerous Mcgregor, claiming he's 'undeserving'.

With a victory over Usman, Masvidal guarantees himself a multi-million dollar payday against Mcgregor for both belts.

This is do or die for George Masvidal.
You Conor fans are delusional. Khabib made him quit. Usman would wrestlefuck him until he quits...again.

Mendes was informed that he was the potential standin five week prior to the fight, he didnt have a 2 weeks camp. Usman and Khabib are bad matchups for Conor i agree. Mas and Tony are both winnable fights for Conor. Mas is not a wrestler nor a huge welterweight. His striking is good but not close to the level of Conors, he almost lost a virtually pure boxing matchup vs Ross Pearson a couple of years ago. Mas may win through toughness and cardio tho if he survives the early onslaught. Tony gets knocked down in every other fight he is in, sure he hasn't been KO'd yet but he also hasn't fought a striker remotely close Conor, maybe he would weather it out or maybe he wouldn't.
Mas knocks conor the fuck out.

stop being a silly fanboy.

usman, khabib and tony all rape conor so bad.

First death in the octagon.

Mas knocks conor the fuck out.

stop being a silly fanboy.

usman, khabib and tony all rape conor so bad.

First death in the octagon.

I'm not a silly fanboy, you seems to be a silly hater tho.

Actually, they know mas will lose which gives shook Conor the excuse to not fight him. Plans had to be reworked when Nate lost and Conor suddenly lost interest in a bmf belt!

lol, and who did he defeat at lightweight to get a shot at eddie? no one.

who did he defeat at featherweight to be reigning champ? no one.

good job you fucking tard.

Conor Derangement Syndrome is real in this thread!

I'm not a silly fanboy, you seems to be a silly hater tho.
{<shrug}

flmao at thinking conor has a chance against any of usman, masvidal, khabib or tony though, gaethje too.

conor > gaethje/diaz/poirer/possibly tony as well ...they all prefer to come forward aggressively and strike rather than striking while mixing in takedown attempts (many times taking big shots all the way for their aggressive nature), and are all way too hittable on the feet (and have been in too many wars). their styles play right into conor s best attributes as a striker (his crisp counter striking) ..none are as technical, precise and fast on the feet as conor..conor has a sterner, less damage worn chin than any of these fighters

**caveat with tony only, if tony survives the first two rounds against conor then it would be tony time the rest of the fight and tony wins with his great ground game and insane cardio, late stoppage...however, with tony s advanced age and reckless style/history of wars, i would ever so slightly favor conor to finish tony in the first 2 rds if they fought

khabib/ usman /covington /woodley > conor.. they are all too strong for conor, especially on the ground..they are all capable of taking conor down and keeping him there for the majority of a fight and landing sig damage on conor...they all control conor for most of 25 min ..they all have the size and ample enough chins to withstand anything conor offers on the feet power wise..only way conor can beat any of these grinders is a lucky flash ko in the 1st 2 rds which maybe happens 1 or 2 times if he fights these guys 10 times.

jorge masvidal> conor .....

jorge is significantly bigger, conor s usual reach adv would be negated, conor would be noticeably smaller than jorge (jorge it filled out, nate and cerrone were taller but not thicker than conor, both nate and donald are skinny, jorge is thick and thicker than conor, hence the punching power they both have that nate and cerrone dont)...
jorge has good enough footwork and technique on the feet to evade conor s early threat of ko in rds 1-2... jorge has sufficient boxing (i give conor only a slight adv in technical boxing ability) to hang with conor in the strictly hands realm, and has better kicks , knees and elbows than conor, hes a more versatile striker (which i think makes him harder to defend and more dangerous than conor) . jorge has shown power to ko much bigger men than conor ( a natural 185 darren till and finished diaz, something conor didnt come close to doing in 2 fights) . jorge will mentally embrace the kind of stand up war/aggression conor brings to a fight; rather than fold like cerrone under pressure. he s got 70+ fights and ive never seen him fold. jorge also has good enough wrestling/gnp that conor has to respect as well, which aids in opening up all of jorge s varied striking attack. nobody s is worried about conor s takedowns or ground game lol

Prediction: Jorge by ko/tko rd 3 or 4 ...(Provided the fight happens before 2021)
..conor would take worse damage than he did late in the floyd fight, dana doesnt want this fight until conor has cashed the khabib and nate rematch tickets for big $, cause he knows (and has pretty much said in interviews) that jorge is too big (compared to conor) and too much for conor to handle in any realm of mma..if conor vs masvidal happens its likely only going to happen when masvidal is 37-38 yrs old and shown signs of being shopworn (like cerrone). less risky that way for dana s golden goose

Last edited:
Conor is only “dangerous” to cowboys on their way out into retirement.

I’m sure Conor’s dad Khabib will be just fine.

Back