Masvidal defeating Usman - this is bigger than a measly Belt

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by PlatinumColbyCovington, Feb 1, 2020.

1. PlatinumColbyCovington Banned Banned

Anybody else see what's going on here? The UFC is banking on Tony or Masvidal winning that gold, since there's no chance in hell Khabib or Usman accepts that fight against a dangerous Mcgregor, claiming he's 'undeserving'.

With a victory over Usman, Masvidal guarantees himself a multi-million dollar payday against Mcgregor for both belts.

This is do or die for George Masvidal.

2. Thepaintbucket Gold Belt

But it's true Conor Mcgregor does not deserve the next title shot. Justin gaethje is by default. He didn't even fight Cowboy at 155.

Hell I'd cheer Conor on if he did beat justin gaethje or Usman.

3. Soul On Ice Banned Banned

I'm not sure any of them will accept a fight with dangerous Conor

Justin "CTE" Gaethje may be the only one brave enough to challenge for the McGregor belt

4. dildos Steel Belt

lol conor is a can.

khabib and masvidal, usman and tony all kill him.

first death in the octagon.

5. tehJameson RANCH Banned

Can we stop lumping conor into the WW title picture.

Kamaru does to Conor what Khabib did to Conor in one tenth the time.

And I'm a huge Conor fan.

6. Sakurabaism Black Belt

Of course, it's easy to predict where this goes. WME clearly wants Masvidal to win so Conor could fight for that 170 belt. The question is, does Jorge up to the task? I'll give him a 27% chance to dethrone Marty.

7. Mcgregor is going to box in his next fight and then get hump to death by Khabib. Conor is pursuing money, not opponents because he primarily is a businessman. Easy 100 million dollars in 2020

8. Nate banged my mom Brown Belt

All i see is TS another day closer to a mental institution

9. Crom Cruach Brown Belt

If Jorge wins then he blows the WW division open again.
    There are not a lot of compelling fights to make against Kamaru because he has already beaten everyone of note and the division has no prospects just old-men welterweights and old-men lightweights who don't want to cut any more.

10. Colby, Edwards, Woodley, Maia, and Thompson are better than Masvidal. If he wins, ordained by the highest heavens and close to impossible, he would lose the belt immediatedly.

11. Sweater of AV Gold Belt

12. nostradumbass Steel Belt

He doesn't deserve to fight for anyone's title after getting dominated in his last LW fight and winning one over a shot guy at WW. He should be fighting Gaethje or the loser of Masvidal/Usman, depending on which division he wants to fight in. Even if he somehow won a title fight, does anybody really want a guy with a history of leaving divisions instead of defending to just do it again and mess up another division?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  13. gilbert_mma White Belt

Calling the first ever double champ in UFC history a "can" should be worthy of a yellow card (maybe double yellow), I hope the mods are watching.

14. dildos Steel Belt

lol, and who did he defeat at lightweight to get a shot at eddie? no one.

who did he defeat at featherweight to be reigning champ? no one.

good job you fucking tard.

15. Doughie99 Face-paint Belt

Khabib already SMASHED McGregor. No amount of delusional thinking from a normal person can disguise that fact. And don't be trying to convince yourself, or anyone else that Khabib is in *any way*, even 1% "scared" . THat is just the Irish guy's narrative and as everyone with a brain knows, he is a liar. Khabib is afraid of nobody and certainly not some make-weight he just crushed a year or so ago. You're clutching at straws if you have any other view.

Masvidal - YES the UFC are hoping he wins. Usman is quite boring and not very marketable. People LOVE Masvidal, and rightly so as he is the very embodiment (Sorry that's a long word for you) of a True Fighter.
    A Masvidal v McG fight = GOOD LET's DO THAT!
    Masvidal v Usman = YES, (apparently) happening
    Masvidal vs Edwards = GOOD , bring it on.

Conor has always been protected and mollycoddled thru his UFC "career" (anyone should be able to see that) cos he ain't half the fighter he purports to be....but....he does make UFC a lot of cash so they bend for him to keep the Irish ATM-machine going. He also gets a permanent pass in other ways, don't be naive enough to think that doesn't happen.

Have a nice day, you Platinum-level Utter Twit.

16. jsbx45 Black Belt

James Vick is the future.

17. Crom Cruach Brown Belt

You know buddeh. I think you might be right...
    [​IMG]

18. FlyingDeathKick Silver Belt

Usman would jump at the opportunity to fight Mcgregor and I bet Khabib would take the rematch as well. Usman has said multiple times that he would fight Conor.

19. gilbert_mma White Belt

He made the reigning LW-champ look like an amateur the UFC had just picked up from the street. No one has defeated Eddie Alvarez like that before or since.
    He got the featherweight belt by beating Holloway, Poirier, Mendes and Aldo etc... not an easy feat. What are you talking about?