• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Masvidal, CCC spar over fighter of the year honors

Volkanovski beat Mendes, Aldo and Holloway in a year.

Just saying.

All things are not equal though. Cejudo became a double champ, masvidal beat up Nate Diaz. Masvidal shouldn't be in the conversation
Masvidal would beat Cejudo's ass with one leg tied behind his back. Cejudo ain't got shit on Mas.

Yeah I'm sure Cejudo would want to swap his gold medal, and his real UFC belts for a bullshit journeyman belt that means jack shit in the sport. Nice try though.
I’m sure he would swap it all for a few extra inches of height tho.
<Y2JSmirk>

I’m sure he would swap it all for a few extra inches of height tho.
<Y2JSmirk>
Lmao id take the gold medal and double champ status any day of the week and so would anyone who is not an insecure fat forum dweller

so defending a belt and winning another one isnt better than a fake pr stunt belt.
It's not as if he even beat a ufc champion to win that second belt, Forgetting about the other belt, It's as if he defended his title once, won a belt in a free title shot against a non champion, then got stripped.

vs a guy who fought 3 times, all top 10 fights, all Ko's and the fastest KO of all time.

Lmao id take the gold medal and double champ status any day of the week and so would anyone who is not an insecure fat forum dweller
You sound short bro.

I’ll take letting my wife wear high heels without making me look silly over a piece of metal, but to each his own I suppose.
<Fedor23>

so winning a fake belt means more than fighters who won real belts and defended them?

Winning a fake belt that wasn't even his own idea, all the while being totally dominant versus each of the opponents his organization had in front of him.

...means more than being a part of a Fight of the Year while getting smashed so bad you look like you tried to sodomize a beehive. maxresdefault.jpg

...Or claiming you saved the manlets divisions but chose to sit out the rest of the year and never once defend either of the belts.
130_Henry_Cejudo.0.jpg

Masvidal did everything that was asked of him and surpassed everyones expectations.
That gives him the edge for FOTY. IMHO
giphy.gif

Cehudo is not wrong. Neither is Mas. Props to them both for their remarkable accomplishments.

Now that I think about it so many people have been more impressive than mas. Volk actually became champ this year and like someone just pointed out he beat mendes, aldo, and holloway all in one year. Usman dethroned a long reigning WW champ this year, and beat the clear number 1 contender that hasn't lost a fight in 4 years 7 fight win streak IN the UFC, and 15-1 prior to usman.
These 2 guys actually became champions, they weren't gifted some bs promotional belt. Mean while a Post Woodley finish Till? lol Untested Askren that just got slammed on his head? lol Nate Diaz? lol I dare one of your Mas fanboys to try to convince me those are better wins than beating tip top of their division and having actual gold wrapped around their waists.

Lucky for Triple Cringe they only sparred over Twitter. Because in an actual fight Masvidal would bend his knee into Cejudos head.
That's like saying you'd have a chance against an alpha like me. Why point out the obvious?

That's like saying you'd have a chance against an alpha like me. Why point out the obvious?

Because I'm sick of the manlets having twitter beef with guys they know they would get crushed by but are protected by weight classes.

Because I'm sick of the manlets having twitter beef with guys they know they would get crushed by but are protected by weight classes.
This isn't a 1v1 fight. It's a title for the most decorated fighter of the year.

No offence, but if you think Masvidal is FOTY you are a casual.

He can be your FAVORITE fighter of the year, but in terms of achievements it's either CCC or Izzy.

IMO the FOTY is:

HenryCejudoPaint.png

(And I don't even like the guy. Love Izzy.)

It's not as if he even beat a ufc champion to win that second belt, Forgetting about the other belt, It's as if he defended his title once, won a belt in a free title shot against a non champion, then got stripped.

vs a guy who fought 3 times, all top 10 fights, all Ko's and the fastest KO of all time.

alex vok and usman have more of a claim than jorge and henry do.

Back