Television MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE: REVELATION (Dragonlord's Review, post #1)

If you have seen MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE: REVELATION, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Trying to not read spoilers, i'm going to start it today

But i keep reading everywhere it's all a fucking woke shitshow

Damn, trailer i remember looked cool and while at it did'nt looked woke at all for today standards

Fucking 2021

Excellent review:

8uJbkV8.jpg
8uJbkV8

script>

I would never guess that he would be the type to fall for all of the woke garbage.

Yeah it suck but I guess living that long in Hollywood will do that to you. Plus he's got a young daughter who grew up in lib Hollywood who apparently wields a lot of influence on him (I think shes the one who converted him to veganism).

It doesn't work as a sequel to the Filmation series because it contradicts tons of elements from the classic show. So, I'm just going to consider it another alternate universe in the He-Man multiverse, just like the New52 comics.

Scott Neitlich, former senior brand analyst at Mattel and who managed the Masters of the Universe Classic collection gives his thoughts on the new MOTU show.

Weirdest thing is that they also have a He-Man and the Masters of the Universe cartooned supposedly aimed at kids coming out later this year. Wonder if that is going to have that awful, soft-style anime design that Thundercats, She-Ra etc had. I really doubt that Netflix will do any better giving kids a version of He-Man to enjoy than they did for grownup fans.

Yeah it suck but I guess living that long in Hollywood will do that to you. Plus he's got a young daughter who grew up in lib Hollywood who apparently wields a lot of influence on him (I think shes the one who converted him to veganism).

LOL. I influence my daughters. How can young ones influence a man?

None of this happened in the show. In fact He Man saved the entire universe while absorbing the magic that was released and Man At Arms is completely badass in the series. He Man Literally saves everything. Life as we know it. How much more heroic can you get.

What could you possibly be crying about over the last few days?

This is a storyline that will Eventually have He Man returning
Nah, I'd say it certainly happened. I think it was especially hammered home when you got to see how scrawny Prince Adam--who was always just as muscular as He-Man--was standing next to Teela and later, how incompetent he was when it came time to actually fight. Then you had the part where the audience was made to think that Adam was going to be thanked by the Sorceress, only for her to pause as the camera moved to Teela and thank her instead.

I don't know why you're so in denial about the nature of the cartoon; it wasn't intended for kids as you said earlier, it was supposed to be for fans of the original as they stated again and again and it clearly and obviously intends to flip the world of Eternia and the dynamics of He-Man on their head and also instill it with what they see as greater diversity and more conscious storytelling. Some no doubt get a kick out of that, others will have issues with it. But clearly, part of the point of this cartoon was to turn the status quo on its head. For you to deny that is essentially to call the cartoon a failure every bit as much as the people who dislike it are.

I didn't watch much He-Man as a kid it was a little bit before my time. 1st cartoon I remember watching was Thundercats. So can't say I'm super excited about this to begin with. I really don't get the love for the art style, I think it looks pretty bad tbh. As for the bait and switch and butch female lead, hardly surprising.

Hollywood is creatively bankrupt and half the time they resurrect these franchises they can't even deliver on the most basic wants of the people that made them popular in the 1st place. Like making Luke a selfish whinny bitch rather than a symbol of Hope and replacing his and Vader's legacy with Rey, and killing off John Conor to replace his legacy with some girl in the newest Terminator dumpster fire. Cobra Kai on the other hand did it right and then some. They gave us Daniel and Johnny and added new characters that didn't take away from the main players.

They are clearly threatened by it. They are literally saying white men are “under attack” and are whining about it nonstop online. That is the definition of being threatened.
It kind of seems like you're threatened by people criticizing it. You're acting like people are out on the street with signs picketing Kevin Smith.

Critiquing and attempting to understand the nature and value of art, popular or otherwise, has always been a fruitful endeavor. Granted, with popular art, people can sometimes go overboard attempting to put it on the same level of importance as that of history's great works, but at the same time, popular art is disseminated into a larger audience and, in the age of a mass, omnipresent media, much more widely consumed. So I don't think there's anything wrong or petty about devoting a little mental energy to its critique and appraisal; no different, really, than critiquing the health value of popular food items being marketed to the public. Don't just consume the stuff mindlessly; read the label and all that.

Last edited:
I liked Clerks but I've always thought he was overrated otherwise. He's not even a MotU fan. This is just Rian Johsnon all over again. Instead of giving fans what they want (Mandalorian), Smith and his shit lib friends got together and tried to subvert expectations like the Last Jedi and push a social agenda instead of telling an interesting story.
I'm actually with you; I was never a fan, other than basically Clerks. I never found his dialogue to be clever, just sort of on the nose and vulgar. I tried to like it because he was clearly a comic-book fan and I appreciated the comic references and sort of thought I was somewhat the target audience, but I really never could get into his stuff, as much as many of my friends tended to love it.

This is only season one you cry babies. What a bunch of soft, hysterical, entitled bitches.

I'm not saying it was perfect, but it's nowhere near as bad as all these melodramatic whiners are making it out to be.

I love how triggered this has gotten people.

In the old show, He-Man looked exactly like the Prince.

Except it was like the Adam-Prince put on some kink gear and paraded around and everyone forgot who he was. It didn’t make sense, so making him more scrawny works better.

Apparently the OG show was a huge hit in Denmark and Sweden and Norway because they assumed everyone in it was Scandy on account of the blonde hair and tallness? Can you confirm this @Luke Hand Cool ??

This is only season one you cry babies. What a bunch of soft, hysterical, entitled bitches.

I'm not saying it was perfect, but it's nowhere near as bad as all these melodramatic whiners are making it out to be.
What is silly are the people in this thread that feel the need to actually attack the manhood of detractors of this show instead of just, well...argue its merits.

In the old show, He-Man looked exactly like the Prince...it didn’t make sense, so making him more scrawny works better.

I mean, yeah, that was part of what made it charming and fun. The audience knew something that most Eternians didn't. It was Clark Kent taken up another level. It operated within certain conventions, but that was part of what made it work. It wasn't Conan and it wasn't Kirby's New Gods or his Marvel version of Asgard, in spite of being a visual and conceptual mashup of them, in large part. It was a deliberately gentler version of those settings, that liberally took elements from them and put them in the context of a traditional superhero tale.

Kevin Smith's work is basically intended to be a deconstruction of those conventions, but like a lot of deconstructions, it misses the mark for people who enjoyed the original object of the deconstruction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back