Television MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE: REVELATION (Dragonlord's Review, post #1)

If you have seen MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE: REVELATION, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
RT Critics are a joke. All you have to do is read some of the reasoning they put in their reviews. Far too much about their politics and not enough about the substance of the film/show. The Chappelle stand up Sticks and Stones was the same 35% critics 99% audience.

Movie critics are essentially pointless since anybody can watch a film anytime. Audience reviews are all that matters. The thing that pisses me off is all the articles that come out saying a movie got review bombed whenever the audience disagrees with critics. Zero self reflection, just doubling down on their narrow minded ideology.
Critics used to be normal, wise people. Normal wise people don’t get hired anymore. We need a reboot, and the people I see working as critics are example #3996 of this.

I enjoyed it. I didn't understand the hate part one received because it was part one. Of course, they weren't killing off He man. The story was interesting and the production values and cast were great.
They had to know the reaction they would get splitting into parts where they did, I also didn't get all the hate part one got. There were flaws but people were acting like he man got subbed by a 115 lb woman.

I enjoyed it. I didn't understand the hate part one received because it was part one. Of course, they weren't killing off He man. The story was interesting and the production values and cast were great.

The criticism wasn't just about how Part 1 ended, that was just the rotten cherry on top of the shit sandwich.
The dialogue was terrible, the story started out shitty, and there wasn't a likeable character to be found. Teela was completely unlikable, and that's who they centered the story around.
There was far too much focus on a bunch of stuff that no one cared about and ultimately didn't even really have an effect on the story in the end, imo. Part 1 felt like a waste of time for the most part, and it didn't earn that cliffhanger.
Part 2 felt like JJ Abrams was trying to fix the shit that Rian Johnson left him in Star Wars; The last Jedi.

They had to know the reaction they would get splitting into parts where they did, I also didn't get all the hate part one got. There were flaws but people were acting like he man got subbed by a 115 lb woman.
You really didn't get all the hate part 1 got ? A show about He Man the reason people wanted to see it was for He man n we got 10 minutes of him with almost entire show focused on Teela .

Maybe part is better n finishes great but after part 1 fuck watching part 2.

What... they made more of that shit?

I would have thought that Teela and the mistresses of the universe would have been cancelled after the first six episodes. That was just terrible.

What... they made more of that shit?

I would have thought that Teela and the mistresses of the universe would have been cancelled after the first six episodes. That was just terrible.

They already made the all the episodes, they just chose to release part 2 later.

The biggest legit gripes with Part One were:
1) Kevin Smith lied when asked if it would follow the same line that it did.
2) It appeared that they killed He-Man, plucked him from the afterlife, and extra double killed him again.
3) There was a Part One. If fans had seen Adam live, it wouldn't have seemed like they killed off He-Man with no hope of return. Instead, they got to call the fans "man-babies" and act like it was our fault.

I ended up really liking the show as a whole. There have been some plot hiccups but going deep into the mythos, having a DCAU level voice cast, and that "You've got The Touch" nostalgia moment made up for it to me.

Edit: Also...
Teela gonna snu snu smol boi Adam.

F is for family new seaso is out I think I'll watch that instead

I didnt hate it overall. Some choices I wasnt a fan of. What they did with man at arms just wreaks of wokeism.

Back