Television MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE: REVELATION (Dragonlord's Review, post #1)

If you have seen MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE: REVELATION, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Why would a man make a serie like this? I could understand if the producers and director was a female and a feminist. But a man?

Why? Whats his motivation?

And what is this "woke" thing? Is it just a new term for feminist?

Kevin Smith lives smack dab in the Hollywood hills and is surrounded by Hollywood elites. His daughter got him to go vegan and the producer of the show talked about how proud of himself he was to change one of the characters black. Smith is just a name on the project to get people interested. I'm sure his involvement was a lot of "Fuck yeah, man". "Let's do it, man" and nothing more.

This is straight up The Last Jedi 2.0

Tomato meter 93% and audience score 37%

RT reviews love wokeness while paying customers not so much.

Used to fucking love Kevin Smith 90s movies even 00s. He went all in on woke n fans going all out

RT Critics are a joke. All you have to do is read some of the reasoning they put in their reviews. Far too much about their politics and not enough about the substance of the film/show. The Chappelle stand up Sticks and Stones was the same 35% critics 99% audience.

Movie critics are essentially pointless since anybody can watch a film anytime. Audience reviews are all that matters. The thing that pisses me off is all the articles that come out saying a movie got review bombed whenever the audience disagrees with critics. Zero self reflection, just doubling down on their narrow minded ideology.

I actually didn't mind it. I just finished watching it with my daughter. Wasn't a fan of the bait and switch mind you. And the ending was an interesting twist.

Yes this was a huge problem off the bat.. She could have quietly gone about her job, while internally feeling devastated that her friend Adam never confided in her the truth. And now she has to mourn his death.. Carry it over to the next episode where she is questioning her future with the palace, and then decides to leave.. But nah Kevin Smith went for the full hissy fit instead..

"I am a woman who's feelings got hurt, and everyone has to deal with it now"!!!!

Yeah that was shit..
Equally as bad is her and MAA refusing to fight on, even though both know the world is going to end. It took her gf to inspire them.

It's not something they can walk away from and play merc or recluse, it's just terrible writing.

Making Adam a bumbling moron in the last episode before killing him again was just as stupid.

Equally as bad is her and MAA refusing to fight on, even though both know the world is going to end. It took her gf to inspire them.

It's not something they can walk away from and play merc or recluse, it's just terrible writing.

Making Adam a bumbling moron in the last episode before killing him again was just as stupid.
As soon as the episode got going and they started oiling up her tits with incessant compliments I knew that we were in for another woke disastrous mess..

FBgrp4uVQAYYilg

Nope. Not getting my childhood ruined the second time. Nope. F that.

I trusted that formerly fat bastard. Then he does this.

This trailer looks ok. We’ll see as a whole when it comes out

Will watch, first season was woke crap but still had watchable moments like Solid Snake Duncan fucking up the place like a boss

Lmao at season poster being still as if He-man is the hero, it's like first trailer all over again

That trailer was spoilery as hell. This season could be a lot better with he man being actually important and awesome this time. They just need to stop focusing so much on Teela.

Okay guys, judging from this trailer season 1 was just an overbloated intro for the real He-Man season.

Dare I say....that part 2 was actually overall pretty good?
There were still a lot of flaws, but I enjoyed each episode, and ended up watching it one sitting. Things were happening from start to finish, and there were some interesting twists.

I just saw the trailer that was posted above, and jesus christ, it is filled to the brim with spoilers.

I have some issues with the story, but my overall issue really has to do with the uneven tone and the dialogue. There's a bunch of really heavy topics being brought up throughout the show, and then they mix them up with the most dogshit, unfunny jokes imaginable that completely destroy the mood or whatever feelings or understanding they just tried to build for the character.
Skeletor is just basically 'The Joker' from the animated cartoon.
And a character literally says "As if" like it was 1991.... the writing isn't as cringe as Part 1, but it's still pretty bad.

Overall, I enjoyed it--and like the rest of ya'll, I thought part 1 was dog shit.
I give it a 6.5...maybe a 7 if I was able to wipe my mind of how bad part 1 was.

I enjoyed it. I didn't understand the hate part one received because it was part one. Of course, they weren't killing off He man. The story was interesting and the production values and cast were great.

Back