master thong criminally underutilized in this tuf

The master of Thongs. Btw Master Thong is legit. He's trained several WBC world champions and played a big part in Urijah's career. His coaching resume is waaaay more impressive than Duane Ludwigs.

Ludwig's results are WAAAY more impressive however.

I agree he always seemed like a hard case. I would enjoy seeing more of him. More of the supporting coaches in general imo

How many world champions?

None. Does that matter? The team's actual functional striking seems to have improved notably in a short time. I'll take results in MMA over what accolades someone has in kickboxing, even if that's what he's teaching. All the fighters are raving about the change he's made, and suddenly they're all getting knockouts, which they weren't getting when Thong was teaching.

None. Does that matter? The team's actual functional striking seems to have improved notably in a short time. I'll take results in MMA over what accolades someone has in kickboxing, even if that's what he's teaching. All the fighters are raving about the change he's made, and suddenly they're all getting knockouts, which they weren't getting when Thong was teaching.

He's done very well. But we'll see how much of an improvement really in the rematch with Aldo and Barao.

I was actually surprised miesha was still training with master thong
To my knowledge she doesn't train with Master Thong anymore.

Master Thong is now the head striking coach at Next Generation MMA (Chris Brennans gym in North Texas).

Thong was kicked out of TAM because Saekson Janjira (one of the best thai instructors in the world) asked him to run his gym in North Texas while Saekson went on a muay thai trip with some students (the problem was Thong didn't tell TAM he was leaving, he literally got on a plane to Dallas airport and told NO one :icon_lol: ).

While he was in Dallas for two weeks, Chris Breenan had offered him a job but he declined. He came back to TAM but had been fired (Duane took over).

Thong wasn't a main instructor but worked with some of the top TAM fighters for the first 3-4 months of the year before taking the job at Next generation in May of this year

And here i was hoping this was a Miesha Tate ass thread.

miesha_tate_thong.jpg

why havent i see this before

He should drop by the house and spice things up with a couple rounds of pokers/blackjack.

Back