Master Chef - Super Predictable

I watch that show, not sure if the winners are predetermined, but regardless, I find it entertaining.

I HATE that one awkward girl though, I think her name is Jamie.

She-e-e t-t-talks l-l-l-ike thi-is, ah-ah-ah all, the fuck-k-king t-t-ime.

I know some people can get nervous, or have problems, but she can't formulate a sentence. Her voice is all over the place, and every word gives her problems.

Last edited:
I watch that show, not sure if the winner's are predetermined, but regardless, I find it entertaining.

I know some people can get nervous, or have problems, but she can't formulate a sentence. Her voice is all over the place, and every word gives her problems.

Oh yeah, she's like a real life Kristen Wiig character or something.

I'm trying to picture Marco on MC........aaand NO!

He did MC AU The Professionals too, after reading his book I had really dirty dreams about he and I. Eaten at a couple of his restaurants too. Thankfully non slippery seats ;)

Like the show, hate Joe Bastianabitch. You can tell he is just a pompous, genuine dick.

Like the show, hate Joe Bastianabitch. You can tell he is just a pompous, genuine dick.

Nah, when he like a dish and the contestant he's a gentleman. He only cares about what you put on the plate

I got drunk one night and was catching up on a few episodes of MC on my DVR. Watching a few episodes in a row of him being an asshole, while drunk, caused me to have to delete a few tweets the next morning that I had lobbed his way. They pretty much said exactly what you just said.

The next morning I was all -

workaholics-stupid-regret.gif

Last edited:
I got drunk one night and was catching up on a few episodes of MC on my DVR. Watching a few episodes in a row of him being an asshole, while drunk, caused me to have to delete a few tweets the next morning that I had lobbed his way. They pretty much said exactly what you just said.

The next morning I was all -

workaholics-stupid-regret.gif

Lol, his song is very very fitting for you, here's "Whiskey Song" by Joe Bastianich

He's hilarious, such a dick... I love it when he spits food out while never breaking eye-contact with the chef... I'd want to kick him.

...The blind girl thing is kind of fishy though. Maybe that one story was just irresistible to everybody, but her food was also consistently very good.

I watched the whole season a number of times. Nothing fishy and scripted. Christine (the blind cook) was legit, she has great palate and most dishes she won are based on taste/flavor though little of technique. And it's just she had luck on her side most of the time being on the winning team in team challenges and had been in the pressure test just ONE time (epic Apple Pie episode). I think she'd been likely to be out if she underwent the other pressure tests (folded pasta making, fillet minion, souffles etc), but very lucky of her (really lucky) she avoided those tests coz she's been on the winning team.

Props to her assistant (Cindy) for being her eyes. The two apparently are already so used to working with each other, that's why it looked like she's giving her an "extra" hand but it's clear she wasn't allowed to cut, taste etc. Christine won it fair and square. The tears are real, so as her talent.

If there's one thing that's edited out according to her in an interview, is that she's actually humorous with naughty jokes and had a funny vibe on the show, and she's surprised that they edited her persona and made her like an angel with her aura.

Last edited:
He's hilarious, such a dick... I love it when he spits food out while never breaking eye-contact with the chef... I'd want to kick him.

Lol, his pet peeve was raw flour and raw garlic. If he tasted those, he'll spit it out right away and get pissed.

I watched the whole season a number of times. Nothing fishy and scripted. Christine (the blind cook) was legit, she has great palate and most dishes she won are based on taste/flavor though little of technique. And it's just she had luck on her side most of the time being on the winning team in team challenges and had been in the pressure test just ONE time (epic Apple Pie episode). I think she'd been likely to be out if she underwent the other pressure tests (folded pasta making, fillet minion, souffles etc), but very lucky of her (really lucky) she avoided those tests coz she's been on the winning team.

Props to her assistant (Cindy) for being her eyes. The two apparently are already so used to working with each other, that's why it looked like she's giving her an "extra" hand but it's clear she wasn't allowed to cut, taste etc. Christine won it fair and square. The tears are real, so as her talent.

If there's one thing that's edited out according to her in an interview, is that she's actually humorous with naughty jokes and had a funny vibe on the show, and she's surprised that they edited her persona and made her like an angel with her aura.

I love Christine, her story, and as a Vietnamese person myself I cannot deny the impact of pride to the Vietnamese community she provides. However Masterchef is not a legit cooking show, it is just scripted fictional TV pretending to be real(just like most Reality TV shows).

I've been watching Masterchef since season 2 and honestly the winner is predetermined(maybe not Season 2). How do we know if the food these contestants are cooking are legit? We can't taste them and do we actually trust Ramsay and the other judges to be honest or cater to the producers to handpick/altar the story?

Here's a great article about Masterchef and reality shows in general which is a great read if you have a little time.

http://benstarr.com/blog/masterchef-a-farewell-perspective/#comments

Nobody would have predicted the Asian girl going out in 10th place this year. There is not really any "cool story" to tell now. If anybody is getting an edit suggesting they will win, it's Leslie. And I'd lay odds that he loses before the finale. The blind girl thing is kind of fishy though. Maybe that one story was just irresistible to everybody, but her food was also consistently very good.

thats actually very funny considering she failed with the salmon that felix gave her

also felix failing with the halibut

also felix is hot

tumblr_mbnf3fOm0c1qlzl2zo1_1280.jpg

0.jpg

I love Christine, her story, and as a Vietnamese person myself I cannot deny the impact of pride to the Vietnamese community she provides. However Masterchef is not a legit cooking show, it is just scripted fictional TV pretending to be real(just like most Reality TV shows).

I've been watching Masterchef since season 2 and honestly the winner is predetermined(maybe not Season 2). How do we know if the food these contestants are cooking are legit? We can't taste them and do we actually trust Ramsay and the other judges to be honest or cater to the producers to handpick/altar the story?

Here's a great article about Masterchef and reality shows in general which is a great read if you have a little time.

I've read the link. Thanks. Ben Starr is a very likable and genuine guy. It did shed some light on how I see MC now. I admit that after MC US season 3, the following seasons did focus more on the conflicts and characters rather than cooking. I've watched the show since season 1 and I'd still be watching the show any day, if I have time. Comparing to other reality TV shows, there are far more worse shows than it.

Watching a reality show multiple times doesn't give you some deeper insight about the inner workings. You are saying what you WANT to be true as if it's fact.

It's reality TV. Christine probably could have put dog food on the plate and the judges would have told her it was delicious and played up her story. Can you imagine them eliminating a likable blind girl? It was never going to happen IMO.

MC is the only reality show I watch. It annoys me how predictable it is but I still like the show. That said, I also don't believe for a second that most of it is real.

I watch that show, not sure if the winners are predetermined, but regardless, I find it entertaining.

I can't believe how insanely bonkers her voice drives me. I'm a really nice guy, but when I hear that voice I see red! I have to hit mute or change the channel until I can calm down, for the sake of those around me.

I can't believe how insanely bonkers her voice drives me. I'm a really nice guy, but when I hear that voice I see red! I have to hit mute or change the channel until I can calm down, for the sake of those around me.

She's incredibly annoying. She can't have nerves like that all the time.

On topic, my pic is the one youngish chick who always goes for super loud lipstick. She seems to be the most consistent. Can't remember her name off the top of my head.

Really interesting read, thanks for posting. I always assume reality TV is fake but it's cool to read something like that.

Back