massive guy frustrating

Gsoares2***

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Biggest guy ive ever seen let alone fought came into our class yesterday. I guess he is just in town for a week. 6'8 290lbs.. solid.

sweeping people with his guard completely closed. Come in to pass he just extends his body and now your 3 1/2 feet away... brute strength... if he wanted your arm some where he put it there... any time you try to stand he just tightens guard and u cant move.....

a guy this big is simply to big to do anything against!...

anyone else got ungodly big people in class?

I was the biggest guy there weighing 210 and i was getting tossed around like cake...
have yet to see some of our bigger better guys go with him.

Just think about it this way: That's how it feels for a guy who weighs only 150 to go against you! Somebody at 150 has this experience all the time ...

Zankou said:
Just think about it this way: That's how it feels for a guy who weighs only 150 to go against you! Somebody at 150 has this experience all the time ...

Yes, but I feel like that strength starts increasing exponentially above the 200 mark...lol.

But, anyways, my suggestion-don't feel bad, you can't be expected to dominate someone 80 lbs heavier than you unless they totally suck. This will be a good experience for you if you're usually the "big guy", now you will have to rely totally on finesse and technique, and I'm sure your game will improve all that much more for it.

Zankou said:

Revenge for all the lightweights out there. Dude was paid off.

oh im not bothered by it... not only was he bigger but he was much better than me as well.

The small more advanced guys were having the same problems as me... he was just too big to do anything to.... Game against bigger people is to let them tire and then move around but if his jiu jitsu is better as well.. there isnt much i can do but lose.

i was just askign if anyone else had some giants this size at class.
I mean we got some big guys but none that big..... he had a voice like Andre the Giant... and shaped like the jolly green.

hahahahaha, this kicks ass. Finaly a 200+er gets some of his own.

i'm 160lbs 6 foot even and a yellow belt(but i'm better than yellow, especially on the ground)

one guy in class(judo)
6'4" 270lbs of solid meat and a high green should be brown. Dude is uber strong. While standing, I can barely move him for the first 2 minutes. But guess what happens with big guys? They get tired.
After 2 minutes of defending (and many failed attempts on attacks)they get weak, lose focus and after two minutes of frustration try to use all muscle to take you out. That is when technique is applied and to create the, bigger they are harder they fall contingent.

on the ground, keep your base. Keep your center of gravity low, as low as you can get it. Or he'll just sweep you with power. Eventually he'll get tired or do something out of frustration and then you'll have the advantage. You need to frustrate your opponent to where he will start to make mistakes and give you openings. Play a active defense and passive offense. Oh and have amazing cardio. You'll need it to beable to with stand his attacks and later counter with your own.

this isn't new
this is the gracie way of fighting.

ps:
if his game is better, then play outside the box. If he knows you are going to pass guard this way, or go for this armbar you're F'ed. Think past what you've learned and apply crap that you've only thought of trying. i know for a fact, i can't use anything converntional in throwing against by instructor(4th bb) but some BS crap i saw in the olympics put him down for half a point, sure I got reversed before I could blink an eye, but hey thats why he's a bb and i'm not :)

Guy 260 in our class loves his back to get taken and those little ankles snatched

thank god for weight classes- just think a guy that size can make you better- think about escapes- then when you grapple someone whos your weight, it will be like nothing escaping th mount back etc

slam him once. he wont see it coming and bam. even if you're not sparring just shake his hand and--BAM! right there.

let me know what happens.

I'm 6`5 260 and a pretty good blue belt but there is a guy in my class who is half my weight, just got his purple belt n he taps me for fun. Shit happens you just have to learn from these guys.

Steeltwo said:
hahahahaha, this kicks ass. Finaly a 200+er gets some of his own.

i'm 160lbs 6 foot even and a yellow belt(but i'm better than yellow, especially on the ground)

one guy in class(judo)
6'4" 270lbs of solid meat and a high green should be brown. Dude is uber strong. While standing, I can barely move him for the first 2 minutes. But guess what happens with big guys? They get tired.
After 2 minutes of defending (and many failed attempts on attacks)they get weak, lose focus and after two minutes of frustration try to use all muscle to take you out. That is when technique is applied and to create the, bigger they are harder they fall contingent.

on the ground, keep your base. Keep your center of gravity low, as low as you can get it. Or he'll just sweep you with power. Eventually he'll get tired or do something out of frustration and then you'll have the advantage. You need to frustrate your opponent to where he will start to make mistakes and give you openings. Play a active defense and passive offense. Oh and have amazing cardio. You'll need it to beable to with stand his attacks and later counter with your own.

this isn't new
this is the gracie way of fighting.

ps:
if his game is better, then play outside the box. If he knows you are going to pass guard this way, or go for this armbar you're F'ed. Think past what you've learned and apply crap that you've only thought of trying. i know for a fact, i can't use anything converntional in throwing against by instructor(4th bb) but some BS crap i saw in the olympics put him down for half a point, sure I got reversed before I could blink an eye, but hey thats why he's a bb and i'm not :)

this guy stayed on the mat fought probably 10 fights and still was not gassed... i was surprised.. like i said he was solid.. you would get tired just from being in his guard.

if you stood he would pull you close and roll over... no sweeping neccesary.. he was big enough to encompass my entire body.

Gsoares2 said:
this guy stayed on the mat fought probably 10 fights and still was not gassed... i was surprised.. like i said he was solid.. you would get tired just from being in his guard.

if you stood he would pull you close and roll over... no sweeping neccesary.. he was big enough to encompass my entire body.

seems like he is good on imposing his game on people.

you'll probly have to push the pace in order to get him tired.

if all else fails

gnp :)

I rolled with a guy who outweighed me by about 70lbs and was a good foot taller than me too. I just worked defensive the whole time and it was near being tapped the whole time. Anytime I was on the bottom he would just smother me. We finished up and I had the "it's impossible" attitude going.

In the end our instructor a brown belt who is shorter than me and almost half the weight of this guy rolled with him. It barely even seemed difficult and in the end you could see he was just toying with him. Made me appreciate how far good skills can take you.

Theres this dude in my class. Little red headed guy. Weighs about 140lbs and NOBODY in the class can do anything with him.

He placed in Naga and is doing grapplers quest as well. I think he's supposed to be heading to ATT in the next year.

But anyways, im 210 and on the juice and i still cant do anything with him. He's pure talent.

Know it doesnt reflect what you guys were talking about but it just shows the flip side of the coin.

Anybody know good strategies against bigger guys? Besides the ol' wait for them to gas? Because some big guys don't gas very fast.

Chances are he isn't good on his back like most strong heavy guys. so try to get him on his back and do your thing.

Back