Mass Shooters Chart by Race: Interesting information

no, middle easterners are considered white

In Europe I hear them being called "Asian". At least the Pakistanis and others that lookish like them. You might be right though, for this chart.

It seems odd that Asians as a group constitute less than 1% of American ethnicity, yet here it says they do 6%(??) of the mass shootings. Very incredibly out of proportion there. Also, they are the least likely ethnicity to commit a violent/crime (including white people), statistically (from national FBI crime stats). Seems a little "off" to me, this pie chart

In Europe I hear them being called "Asian". At least the Pakistanis and others that lookish like them

im not really sure if i'd consider pakistan a "middle eastern" country. in america whenever you take a survey and you have to select your race, it says white (european, middle eastern, north african descent).

Not according to this chart, there wasn't ;)

thanks for the info. You're posting a lot of useful instant supporting research to posts on the forums lately. It's hard to find, let alone hire a poster like that. Sherdog collectively applauds and reveres your graceful services

Don't mind me, I'm just trying to keep from getting my ass shot.

In Europe I hear them being called "Asian". At least the Pakistanis and others that lookish like them. You might be right though, for this chart.

It seems odd that Asians as a group constitute less than 1% of American ethnicity, yet here it says they do 6%(??) of the mass shootings. Very incredibly out of proportion there. Also, they are the least likely ethnicity to commit a violent/crime (including white people), statistically (from national FBI crime stats). Seems a little "off" to me, this pie chart

1% of the population? That seems way too low; what's that, ~3.15 million people? There's more Asians than that here, especially if you count Indians as Asians.

has there ever been African immigrants doing any mass shooting?

In Europe I hear them being called "Asian". At least the Pakistanis and others that lookish like them

Middle Easterners are Asian. lulz. I think you are trying to describe "mongoloid" or whatever current name scientists place on humans who share the trate of epicanthic folds etc. and are the traditional populations of East Asia, the Artic, and the Americas

Pakistanis and Indians are caucazoid traditionally and very close to Europeans in traits as are most other groups of Central, South and West, and North Asia. (Tartars, Semitic, Arabs etc etc)

There are so many ways to describe a group and all of them become debated and changed from generation to generation -touchy subject.

Middle Easterners are Asian. lulz.

Nah, I wasn't saying they were Asian. Nor do I think they should be classified as such.

It's just what I heard them being called on British News when referring to their own general group of immigrants

Middle Easterns in America are referred to as Caucasian. In Europe they call them Asian. Kind of like how they drive on the other side of the road, but for racial categories.

Ok my info on Asian populations is over a decade old. It is now 4.8% of the US population as of 2010. It was near 1% in 1998 or so.

Still, 4.7% doing 6% of the mass shootings is unbelievable. MADMEN! (I still suspect the pie chart is wrong)

By contrast, 16.4% is Latino, and the chart says Latin homies only to 4% of mass shootings. That's 2/3 that of Asians, despite out numbering them by 300%+ percent and being the 2nd largest ethnic group (after white people)

Seems legit

Last edited:
Ok my info on Asian populations is over a decade old. It is now 4.8% of the US population as of 2010. It was near 1% in 1998 or so.

Still, 4.8% doing 6% of the mass shootings is unbelievable. MADMEN! (I still suspect the chart is wrong)

you have the virginia tech shooter, im sure there have been others.
whats the definition of a mass shooting? like 5 or more?

Maybe they octuple-entered the Virginia Tech shooter

Then they had that one East Indian guy later that was planning but got caught before he could do anything. Maybe they entered him anyway

How many of the shooters are fuckin nuts?

ps I don't see a racial accuracy rating

No that's the stupidest thing I have ever heard.. White men represent over 70% of the male population so by your standards basically every crime is a White Male crime simply because their are so many White males in this countries compared to other Males. Per Capita is the only logical way to evaluate crime.

Umm, no.

That's counting white Latinos as well. If we take them out the picture, the number of non-Hispanic whites is 63.7% (probably a little lower now- that's a 2010 figure).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-Hispanic_Whites

So not a huge jump but still, white males are statistically, and per capita, more likely to be mass shooters.

you know these stats are for the US only?

what do you think the stats would be for Liberia? i would bet you wouldn't see any white guys on that list.

Strong this

And there have been multiple Asian mass shooters as of late...Seung Hui Cho (Korean) Jiverly Wong (Chinese) and One Goh (Korean) are the recent ones off the top of my head.

The chart is from Mother Jones a very left wing website.

You must not get out much, or read what you write.

A bunch of white guys contemplating going postal are getting exposed ITT.

Jimmies are being rustled.

Cough cough jimmies rustled because Blacks are extremely over represented in literally every crime statistic for there population.

But I'm sure you would say it's poverty. Sigh

I've always said that white people dominate the "weird crime" category.

Umm, no.

That's counting white Latinos as well. If we take them out the picture, the number of non-Hispanic whites is 63.7% (probably a little lower now- that's a 2010 figure).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-Hispanic_Whites

So not a huge jump but still, white males are statistically, and per capita, more likely to be mass shooters.

Right back at you

Black American including Mixed race individuals
(13.6% of US population)

Yet do 16.4 percent of the mass shootings...Hmmm I guess Blacks are even more likely to be mass shooters than White per capita!!

Plus alot of these shootings occurred when Whites were much more than 63.7 percent of the population and Blacks much less than 13.6 so that would skew the numbers unfairly towards the Whites.

I've always said that white people dominate the "weird crime" category.

Not based on the percentages...Your average White is less likely to do a "white crime" than other races in reality when population is taken into account.

But I wonder how many Whites are doing drive by and gang shootings??

Back